How common is for straight guys to experiment with someone from their own sex?

How common do you think same sex sexual experimentation happens to guys? Society expects guys not to experiment because same sex experimentation is considered wrong but many guys do it anyways. I have experimented myself and I consider myself straight because i wouldn't ever date another guy, just NSA hookups. I went through the whole 9-yards, the best part about experimentation is sucking the guy off and my least favourite has to be anal sex. I hate anal sex, the ass is very tight and my dick hurted afterwards, even though I had the condom on its not my favourite sex act. The dick feels very different than pussy but both are equally pleasurable. My point is, how common is same sex sexual experimentation in guys? Is it as common as girls? I would want to know.

Please no homophobic or biphobic slurs, thanks!

It's 2017 as @Chico_brah said, stop being close minded!
If it's acceptable for a girl to experiment, then it's acceptable for a guy to experiment.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why all the labels? I really laugh at people who automatic label you as "gay" because you had sex with another man. "Gay forever", LOL! What is so wrong with experimenting and having some different sexual enjoyment? People seem to forget that sex can be totally disconnected from relationships. I have said this before, and I'll say it again... You can certainly have same sex, and even enjoy it, but not be "gay". You like sex just a bit more than the average. You are more open minded than the average. The average people are not as open minded, and that is also why they only see straight or "automatically gay forever". LOL, what a joke. If a "straight" person has a gay sex scene in a movie, are they now automatically "gay forever"? No, that is nonsense. This is just one small example to show people can have same sex experiences and not come out as "gay" afterwards. My definition for "gay" is someone who wants to be romantic, passionate, loving, caring with feelings and emotions in a dating relationship with someone of the same sex. If you are looking for just a sex hook up because you are bored of women one day, that just makes you kinky and really really into sex, not "gay".

What Girls Said 5

• In all seriousness, this is some of the best trolling I've seen in a while (especially on the longer comment threads). ahah nicely done.

• Dude you're not straight. You are bisexual. Truly straight men don't suck a guy's dick.

• You keep posting this shit. Dude you are bisexual. If you don't want to know the truth then stop.

• It's a tricky question. When does experimentation end and bisexuality begin? I've had sex with another girl a couple of times just to try it. It was fun at the time but I don't consider myself bi. I prefer guys. I think you are whatever you consider yourself to be. Who cares what others think? I think in male circles, guys aren't as free to discuss same sex experimentation as girls are but it does exist.

• no it doesn't when it exists it means you're gay

• @Thisguylul Hey stupid fuck, I don't do anal ok? I do other things besides anal to the guy.

• @Thisguylul For a guy to suck dick is no different than a girl to eat pussy you close minded piece of shit.

• You are bisexual, and it is okay.

• Not necessarily, some women experiment as well, and most don't consider themselves bisexual, maybe bi-curious or just wanted to experiment or have fun, doesn't necessarily have to be their sexual orientation ;) .

• I thought we went through this... Oh well, it's not my problem. Good luck out there!

• Exactly, it's not your problem, it's mine. Bye bye

• I'm pretty sure you are bi.
    Are you not comfortable saying/admitting that? That's a serious question. Not being sarcastic or a smart ass. I just wanted to know. You say you are straight because you only want relationships with women but you are interested in NSA situations with men. It seems like you tried men & liked it enough to continue to sleep with men on occasion. Are you scared to say/admit you are bi? That's what this comes off as.
    I don't know how common it is for men to experiment with their sexuality but I'm sure men do it. The first time I heard about the notion/debate about men experimenting with their sexuality was on a TV show How To Get Away With Murder. One of the characters Michaela Pratt's fiancé had slept with a man (who was Michaela's classmate at law school) with they were both 16 away at school. I don't watch the show cause I don't have the time so I don't really know what happened but I think her fiancé turned out to be gay but still married another woman but I'm not sure. That episode was the first time it was brought to my attention about boys experimenting with their sexuality. It's definitely something that happens but it's probably not widely talked about for how taboo it is. You yourself can't even say/admit you are bi so you have to know that experimenting is probably happening a lot in secret.

• "I don't know how common it is for men to experiment with their sexuality"

It's not common. I was literally trying to say the same thing you are. He's in complete denial though.

• But it doesn't mean I don't want kids with a woman, I can have them outside of marriage because marriage to me is a scam towards men and a reward towards women.

• kids aren't pets, doofus. See a therapist. "Check yaself befo ya wreck yaself"

What Guys Said 36

• Dude you're in denial. You're fucking gay. Literally no guy I know has ever 'experimented' with another guy. That's homo as fuck. You're gay. Stop denying it. It's 2017.. people will accept you.

• Lol, ok. No one will admit to your petty close minded ass. It is 2017 I get it but I experimented because I was curious enough to know what is like. If I actually your friend, I would even admit to you. Men are close minded same as women, there case close

• @Thisperson98 If I was curious, which I was, I am allowed to do what satisfies my curiosity. Like who the fuck allowed you to tell me what's homosexual or not? I know it's gag but if you don't have nothing nice to say without any negative connotations, don't say it all.

• Where did I say anything negative about being gay or implied it? Also wanting to have sex with the same sex is the definition of homosexuality.

• It is very rare as homosexuality or experimentation of the same sex for men isn't deemed the same in society as it is for women.

Let me explain, often when 2 women kiss or make out or whatever, it is deemed "sexy, hot, etc." but when 2 men kiss, make out, etc. it is deemed somewhat "weird" or "disgusting" in our society.

Now, I have no issue with homosexuality of either sex or experimentation of the same sex, if people want to do that they should definitely do it. I am saying however, we see it very rarely that men kiss each other because in society they would be immediately labeled "gay", but when women do it, it is immediately labeled as an a-okay in our society. Therefore I think men are somewhat more scared of being labeled "gay" just because of experimentation and try to hold off from these sort of things.

Women, in general, are also more open towards bisexuality and experimentation. It is a scientific fact that everyone in this society, both men and women, are primarily bisexual, but have a preference towards one gender. It is my view that women are just more open towards sexuality than men. This is also the reason why men prefer to have a threesome with 2 women than 1 woman and 1 man.

Another example might be pornography. On pornographic websites, the filters of "lesbians" is often more than not in the straight section of the website, while male homosexuality is in the gay version of the website where you will only be able to see male-on-male pornography. Yes, there is bisexual pornography on the straight section of the website, but it is statistically shown that mostly bisexual men and women of all sexual orientations watch bisexual pornography, not straight men.

The fact that male homosexual pornography is on a whole different section of pornographic sites, and female homosexual pornography is not, may conclude my vision of the comment that female homosexuality is more accepted than male homosexuality in society, therefore men are not as open in experimentation and coming out for homo- or bisexuality. This is why it is not very common for straight guys to experiment with the same sex.

Sorry for the long, essay-looking post, I have an essay next week so this is how I am kind of preparing it hahaha. I hope I have answered your question, however.

• I do believe in all of what you've said but I'm doing it for attention, I'm not doing it for acceptance lol, I'm doing it because I was bored with women and I wanted something new. Men do get bored of screwing women because pussy is just pussy, nothing new apparently; the only exciting about seeing a woman is first time sex with her and the rest is just boredom. This is why men don't want marriage anymore because fucking the same woman is just dull in my perspective. Fucking women get tiring after a while.

• Haha, I was speaking more about facts I know and my own personal view on these types of topics because I have (for some reason I don't know why haha) done research on this topic and speak often about topics as such with friends of mine, not really about your story specifically tbh haha ;). But if you were "bored with women and [you] wanted something new" doesn't that qualify you more into the bisexual or bi-curious region? I know you're asked this a lot in this comment section, I know, and I am deeply sorry, but why don't you feel it still doesn't qualify as bisexuality or bi-curiosity? Just out of curiosity, I don't want to annoy you or anything haha, just wondering.

• Like I said, if you classify as straight but just experimenting, then go ahead, I am not stopping you from you being you, keep doing your thing! I was just wondering haha.

• A lot depends on what part of the world you live. I happened to live in a pretty laid back latin American country... south america. Its more common than u think. There are gay dudes... bi dudes... n straight dudes who just need to satisfy an urge with another dude... i call myself bi... but would never do anything anal... cept maybe a finger r 2... a hot but GENTLE prostate mazsage is pretty stimulating... but no more than that. Yeah we do mutual jack off kiissing oral bot body contact with a lotta rubbin r boners together. Pretty vanilla but friggin hot yo. n i still date girls and have sex with rhem. But wirh anorher dude, i think its all about that total raw forbidden release of all inhibition n share an incredible experience wirh another male.

• I've experimented, and I believe experimenting is a healthy part of anyone's sexual maturity.

• "I went through the whole 9-yards". In what would are you supposed to be straight? Lie to yourself all you want. You are gay. And no, straight man wouldn't "experiment". All the straight men I know find the very idea repulsive.

• You're definitely a fool! Do you actually think any straight guy who has the balls enough to admit they've experimented to your petty close-minded ass? Bro, you're missing out man.

• Definition of homosexual
      1
      : of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex a homosexual man was involved in a homosexual relationship
      2
      : of, relating to, or involving sexual activity between persons of the same sex homosexual acts

• Honestly, it doesn't define me. I was single and I wanted to try different things, you got a problem with it? There is always a psychiatrist avaiable to assist you.

• It doesn't happen. Because if "straight" guys decided to experiment with their own sex, then they weren't straight in the first place.

• Umm yeah, they don't have to admit. Even women themselves don't admit shit to you.

• If you have sexual desires towards your own gender, you are not straight. Simple as that. What the fuck is so hard for your thick skull to understand that?

• I think it is Really really common for women.
    I think it is non-existent for men. The fact is straight men just don't ever think of "experimenting". If a guy does, it most likely means he is at least bi-sexual.

• It's more common than the numbers derived from research would suggest since most men would never admit it.
    No homo.

• Once, a long time ago, I experimented with a guy and gave him a blowjob. I got him off, and he actually said I did it better than his wife. That was the only time. Women turn me on a lot more than guys do.

• Extremely rare.

• Not really. You assume but it's as common as you think it is.

• Feelings*

• You don't need feelings to have sex.

Lots of guys fuck women and feel nothing for them.

Having feelings has nothing to do with orientation. And in this more enlightened era it's unusual to find an obviously bisexual guy who can't or won't admit it.

• I had my encounters before but I'm straight the only reason I think it happens is hormones people are desperate for sex especially men and it needs to be released but men are always isolated with other men if boys and girls were to be more integrated then we'd be hooking up with each other that's my experience growing as a guy.

• I don't know, I don't have a higher sex drive and I've experimented because I wanted to see what is like.

• Extremely common

• a lot less
    I mean the gay community in america is 1% to 2% of the whole place so its very small

my advice stay away from that its not part of your design

• Uh, no. Just no.
    And no, it's not acceptable either. Geesh.

• Pretty uncommon dude. Sucking a guy off? Really? Most straight guys don't even look at dicks when they go to the bathroom. Watch guys use urinals. if a guy can avoid it, he won't even use the urinal next to one that's being used, let alone look.

• I have never experimented but its something that I really want to try.

• It is common for those who are gay and don't know it yet.

• You're a pathetic piece of trash.

• When you are trying so hard to convince yourself you are not gay, all I have to do is wait. Someday, you will realize you are gay.

You are not the first gay guy to go through this process. It is quite common.

• "If it's acceptable for a girl to experiment, then it's acceptable for a guy to experiment."
      Women are different than men. Men are 1 or 0. Straight or Gay.

Women are on a sliding scale. Bisexual women are not in fact lesbians. They enjoy physical sex with another woman, but they want their primary relationship to be with a man. The theory is that this goes back to evolutionary mating strategies so women under one alpha male do not kill each other. (don't get confused, there are distinct mating strategies, and all people do not use all strategies).

Men are gay due to a genetic birth defect that is a side effect of overly fertile women. See if you have any gay men on your mother's side of the family. If they have enough children (they may not recently), then you have the gay gene.

• Not common at all... It's pretty weird to be "straight" and then experiment with the same sex. Sounds like a vegan eating meat.

• Interesting that you use the term "same-sex-sexual-experimentation"... which is the same term I used in a question or answer awhile back. My SSSE happened a long time ago, just after I was able to orgasm. And both boys, I believe, were NOT able to orgasm yet. So their bodies were pretty hairless, the way a girls body would have been. How common? I don't know, I can only speak for myself

• Women kiss other women all the time. At most every woman has kissed/made out another woman on the lips by age 18.

• It's not gay if you don't make eye contact right?

• Sounds pretty gay to me..

• Straighter than the pole your mother danced to a month and a half ago when she also danced for my dollars.

• Man.. You're gay.. or at least bisexual. Nothing to be ashamed about, just accept yourself. You can't be straight and suck a dude off. Haha don't be silly.

• I don't have feeling for guys, simple as that.

• So far I've rejected 4 super cute gay guys who blatantly hit on me. It was always flattering but it never crossed my mind. Just for science once I tried masturbating to a guy who looked sub and cute, and I just couldnt come, after 10 mins of trying I just gave up and thought about women. Some guys are just straight.

• Just curious... why were you even thinking about masturbating to a guy if you were straight?

• @Thisguylul I couldn't cum too but it doesn't mean I didn't like the experience. I couldn't cum if I had casual sex with girls as well.

• Yeah when you suck his dick? But you aren't gay or bi. Dude you are a bisexual. All the insults you throw at me aren't going to change that. I am muting this question now good luck with your men.

• I'm so straight I'd fuck a horse before I fucked a dude.

A female horse!

• How did the #nohomo tag come so ubiquitous, do you think?

• It's not #nohomo because I'm very comfortable with my sexuality. It's like "if you don't buy it, fuck off" type of thing.

• Yes it's something like that but the majority doesn't believe it in male sexuality.

• I guess you can say that.

• you are not straight. you are bi or gay.

• I'm perfectly straight, I am neither of those.

• No you aren't. Bisexuals have sex with women. You need to come to grips with your sexuality. Calling people names just make you look defensive. So you can call me a old hag all you want... at least I am honest about my sexuality. You are in denial.

• @Rissyanne Whatever floats your boat.

• no this is not normal at all straight guys dont even kiss other guys that is far from straight.

• Pretty sure most guys don't experiment because they're afraid of being thought of as guy

• If you're sexually attracted to a guy, you're not fully straight. Period.

• It sounds like you are gay or bi.

• Nah, I'm not gay or bi. If I like sex I will enjoy it regardless of gender. I'm not attracted to guys, I think it's exciting and fun to explore your own gender. Problem with it? There's a psychologist man.

• Because I want to. You need to go get help.

• @Rissyanne You need to retire from gag.

• More from Guys
    6