What is a female orgasm supposed to feel like?

I've had sex with 4 guys and none of them could get me to come, so I bought a vibrator and I was fantasizing about one of them as I kept it on my clit for about a minute, well it felt good and my breathing increased then I had vaginal contractions I couldn't control. I know this is all part of having an orgasm but then after the contractions, nothing happened. I feel like there should have been a more explosive ending or a feeling of amazingness overcoming my whole body but all I got was some contractions. I mean was this like an almost-orgasm that I shouldn't have given up in so soon? I could only take so much vibration, the sensations are almost uncomfortable (while also amazing at the same time).

Most Helpful Guy

• Those vaginal contractions were an orgasm. That's basically what happens. It should get better with time. The more you explore and learn about what feels good to you the better they will feel. Have you tried masturbating with your hands, the shower or with the jets in a jacuzzi? There's all kinds of different ways that provide all kinds of different sensations. Some women like to have something inside them at the same time to give a feeling of being full.

The PC muscles are also linked to the pleasurableness of orgasm and you can do kegels to strengthen them. Focus on it and enjoy the sensations for what they are and not what you expect them to feel like. If your mind isn't in the right place it might take something away from the experience.