Today I saved my friend's life after she tried to commit suicide but..

Today I was planning on going to workout as I usually do, but for some odd reason my conscience kept telling me to stay home. Before I was about to nap today I saw a message my friend sent me telling me that it would be the last time I'd talk to her because she was gonna kill herself. I went into panic mode because she's not a person who tries to grab peoples attention by saying things like that,i ran out of my house to her house with my friend. The second we got to her house no one was answering the house phone and no one would answer the door. After knocking on her door for almost 5 minutes I was about to cry because I thought she harmed herself, instead her mom answered the door and was surprised to find my friend an I at her door. The moment I tried explaining the issues to my friends mother I started to cry because I was scared. She was in a complete shock and thanked me, I couldn't emphasize how badley I wanted her to keep an eye out on my friend. Well.. turns out that 2 hrs later my friend came home and attempted to slit her wrists with a razor blade, luckily since I told her mom to keep an eye on her she caught her half way before she did any serious damage.

She apologized for scaring me (she doesn't know what I did) but on her new status she apologized for scaring people but she still feels like she's "..mehh". I think she still might have suicide on her mind and I'm scared for her. What can I do? I'm really worried about her.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's amazing that you saved your friend. A part of me wishes I had someone like you when I was in darker times and I think that just by showing you cared, you helped her immensely. Just try to be supportive. Try to be there for her so if she needs help, she can go to you. But if her mind is truly set on death, there is only so much you can do. In the worst case scenario, it is still her choice and her life. Just do the best you can to show her she isn't alone. Hanging out with her and being there in person will help too.