Today I saved my friend's life after she tried to commit suicide but..

Today I was planning on going to workout as I usually do, but for some odd reason my conscience kept telling me to stay home. Before I was about to nap today I saw a message my friend sent me telling me that it would be the last time I'd talk to her because she was gonna kill herself. I went into panic mode because she's not a person who tries to grab peoples attention by saying things like that,i ran out of my house to her house with my friend. The second we got to her house no one was answering the house phone and no one would answer the door. After knocking on her door for almost 5 minutes I was about to cry because I thought she harmed herself, instead her mom answered the door and was surprised to find my friend an I at her door. The moment I tried explaining the issues to my friends mother I started to cry because I was scared. She was in a complete shock and thanked me, I couldn't emphasize how badley I wanted her to keep an eye out on my friend. Well.. turns out that 2 hrs later my friend came home and attempted to slit her wrists with a razor blade, luckily since I told her mom to keep an eye on her she caught her half way before she did any serious damage.She apologized for scaring me (she doesn't know what I did) but on her new status she apologized for scaring people but she still feels like she's "..mehh". I think she still might have suicide on her mind and I'm scared for her. What can I do? I'm really worried about her.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• It's amazing that you saved your friend. A part of me wishes I had someone like you when I was in darker times and I think that just by showing you cared, you helped her immensely. Just try to be supportive. Try to be there for her so if she needs help, she can go to you. But if her mind is truly set on death, there is only so much you can do. In the worst case scenario, it is still her choice and her life. Just do the best you can to show her she isn't alone. Hanging out with her and being there in person will help too.

What Guys Said 2

• hmm just let her know, how important is she for you and for your friends, just tell her benefits of life, well do you know why she is trying to commit suicide, just find the solutions of her problems and give her your time with lots of fun, maybe she changed her mind.

• Easy. Don't talk to her about it, because it will go straight through one ear and out the other. Instead, talk to your friends mother. Tell her about your concerns and ask her if there is anything that she would be willing to do, like send her daughter to a psych or something. I think approaching her mother is the best and most effective way to help your friend, because no one else cares about her or would be willing to do more to help her than her own mother.

What Girls Said 3

• Be there for her and let her ventSuicide is the reaction of insanity of lonelinessat least that was what it was for me

• She seems as if she has hidden issues. Be there for her, and suggest counseling.

• The best thing you could have done is to let her mom know, which you've done, so someone who lives with her can watch out for any unusual behavior on a daily basis. You did a really brave thing by rushing to her house and alerting her mom- which certainly saved her life. It's best not to tell her that you alerted her mom because doing so may prevent her from telling you about suicidal thoughts in the future. I'd try to talk to her to find out what is so bad that life is not worth living anymore, and be there for her 100% like you already are. If she tells you anything that her mom may need to know in order to protect her from herself call her mom- I'm sure she'd understand if you said you wanted to keep the conversation secret. You're not betraying her trust by keeping her mom in the loop, you might be saving her life, again. You should be really proud of yourself, a lot of people wouldn't have known to act that way. Best of luck to you :)