Why do girls want sex?

I can easily see why guys like sex - because the vagina is a soft warm delicious tunnel of love that being inside makes it effortless to orgasm. Girls have it far more complex...heck, orgasm is far from guaranteed! How is it even possible for girls to say they don't even need orgasm to be satisfied?

This may seem rambling, but I see girls appreciating other things besides sex; and there's a very good chance that sex ~could be~ a disappointing experience for her if the guy only satisfies himself.. It could even be painful emotionally and physically where guys wouldn't have a clue

So girls, why do you like sex?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sexuality is different for everyone, it's not just something that can be labeled for a male or female. Every person has their own types of turn ons and offs, and how much drive they have. Yes, some girls prefer cuddling and talking, but that's just a personality trait, not an explicitly female trait. I consider myself to be a very sexual person, if I see a hot guy it turns me on. If we hang out and he seems sexually driven too-I just want to touch him and be all over him. I want our bodies to intertwine and just to feel the closeness and the lust and the drive is enough pleasure for me to be content and relatively happy. If I have an orgasm, It feels even better and just adds fuel to the fire that I call a sexual experience. But I have a different personality than some girls, so the "want" for sex could be completely different for them. Having an emotional connection makes sex wonderful and it makes girls feel safe and comforted, but if you have a physical connection it could make sex hot and fun and experimental and wild, in any case orgasm is a bonus. It really just depends on what your mentality is and what you expect going into the situation. I hope this answer cleared any of your questions up :)

• Thanks for your response! You mentioned that "it depends on what your mentality is". What IS the mentality of women and sex (for you, at least?) Is it to feel good, or is it to be close to someone? If you could be close to someone without having sex, would that be better? Is sex ever a "bother" or a "chore" you have to deal with to keep your guy happy?

• You think too much. I do the same thing but I try to manage it. Here is some encouragement, just relax and don't over process things too much, I promise life will be much more enjoyable that way. Roll with the punches, keep your mind open, and a perfect woman will find her way to you. Be spontaneous, chicks dig that (I know I do). You seem like the kind of guy who'll be the lucky 1 in 10 to be with a girl that'll make your dreams come true. :) Any girl would be lucky to have you.

• OMG that's so optimistic! I gave up looong ago looking for Ms. Right (joke: we all know fairy tales are frauds), I'm so fully aware of the deep-water odds of finding a girl who likes sex that my ship is drifting, powerless, and lost at sea.

What Girls Said 17

• For girls, sex is not just something physical. It is something emotional as well. Girls can be just emotionally satisfied during sex and thus not have an orgasm. Girls just like the closeness with their men and of course they like to feel so loved. But some girls just love the physical side of sex..

• Just is such a great answer and one I've heard a hundred times before...but as a guy...I just don't get it! I must be an idiot.

• What would you tell a guy that feels guilty for seeking his own pleasure knowing she may not want to have an orgasm? I mean he -tries- to give her pleasure, and maybe she does get pleasure, but she falls short of "orgasm". To a guy this seems so incredibly selfish and, in a way, that he's "using" her...know what I mean? I don't want to be seen as a selfish d*** (sorry for the pun), but I get off knowing she wants me...and not feeling "used" in the process...see what an idiot I am!?

• I love my boyfriend very much and sometimes it is just enough to simply have sex. I don't always want to orgasm. Having no orgasm can be satisfactory too! No need to feel guilty!

• Depends on the girl, me, I want sex only with someone I wnt that kind of deep connection with. it's the ultimate setting down eachother's guards and it get's mroe appealing as time goes on, not having shared it with anyone yet. For me love needs to be apparent, if I feel like he doesn't really love me, then sex is very unappealing.

• I mean craving physically. Girls get horny, and our bodies "need" sex, if you will. I know for me, there are times where I just really want to have sex in the same way that sometimes I'm tired and need sleep, and sometimes I'm hungry and need food.

• I just don't see girls acting (or especially) thinking this way...I find it so impossible to think that girls crave sex when they could easily have it any time they want...Craving (to me) involves some amount of 'scarcity', because it's impossible to crave something that is so easy to get. I would have to say I categorize girls as closer to repulsion towards sex because they -know- that IS what guys are after and (it would seem to me) that girls would more "resent" guys for being pigs than craving them.

• Don't be sad, and you're definitely not a loser. Your concern is genuine. Many girls are intimidated by sex, but very few are actually repulsed by it. You may be involving yourself with girls you "just aren't read", but girls who are comfortable with themselves and comfortable with you will enjoy having sex just as much as you do.

• I wish it were true. I've heard that people should be casual and free to express themselves sexually but so far I haven't met any girls who are like this...

• 1) Our bodies crave sex just like yours do. We want it, it feels good, and it is actually physically really good for us.

2) It makes us feel close to somebody we love. If I really love somebody, it's a sign of intimacy, trust, and commitment.

3) We like making guys happy. If a boy we love wants sex, it simply feels good to know that you are doing something nice for someone you care about.

• It's hard to imagine a girl "craving sex" since I'm not a girl and I've never heard of a girl ever saying anything like this. Do you mean "craving" as in hypothetical, not physical; like a girl might "crave" a new pair of shoes? When a guy thinks of "craving" it's like we get all light headed, because all the blood rushes to our penis away from our head! Craving to a guy is an insanely powerful rush that overwhelms every cell and every thought. I've never met a girl describe anything like this.

• it feels good to us also.. and our body craves it just like yours

• Wow! It's weird to hear you say that girls "crave' sex...I'm having a really hard time imagining that's even possible...Is it possible?

• So many girls are describing "closeness", "to make him happy" and "love" as strong motivators but so far yourer the only one that I've read that has said a girl can "crave" sex. Would I be wrong to assume you prefer all those 3 things ~first~ before you get all craving horny? Or does your body have a "crave" mode independent of your emotional objectives?

• no I don't need to feel like I love him.. if that was the case I would rarely have sex... love is hard to find but your body wants what it wants...

More from Girls
12

What Guys Said 2

• From what I understand, girls have a very different set of feelings and expectations from sex. First of all, they have way more nerve endings in their vaginas than we do in our penises. This is why girls will frequently act like they're being over the top...because it is actually more intense than we experience it. Women can have two different kinds of orgasms too so if it isn't working one way, it's good to try it the other way (I actually just found out how to have the other kind of guy orgasm but I won't get into that now). I've been with several women who weren't interested in having an orgasm at certain times. They just wanted to feel sexy and desirable and close to me. They also wanted to just focus on my pleasure because it made them happy to make me happy. They get a huge emotional kick out of sex generally and that is what non-orgasmic satisfaction tends to refer to.

Also from what I understand, a lot of what you said in the second part is true, it's a huge disappointment with certain guys. No one likes having a selfish partner, sexually or otherwise.

• Girls its your answer time !

• I guess by the very few girls who respond that they REALLY don't "want" sex. Without ANY doubt they certainly don't want it on any level even remotely approaching the "desire" that a guy has... It's more like girls are trained to ~resist~ sex; NOT "want" it...