I love my best friend, but he doesn't know... What do I do?

Okay, this is kind of long, but it is a very tricky situation. I have been best friends with this guy for almost four years now and have liked him for three of those years. About a year back, he kissed e for the first time and said that he wanted my first kiss to be with a friend, so that no... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• What should you do? Find another man who will love you back. The whole time I read your story I was thinking to myself "why doesn't she explore what's out there instead of obsessing over this one guy?" Let another man into your life, and give him a chance to win your heart. This guy is clearly looking past you, and that's perfectly fine. Not everyone will see eye to eye.

Lying about your feelings just to keep him around means you are desperate, and only delaying the inevitable. One of the biggest mistakes people make in relationships is they try to fit a square peg into a circle. It didn't work before, and it won't work in the future. It's just not meant to be. From what I'm reading, he saw you as a friend and nothing more since Day 1. When you tried to take it further, it didn't work out. That should have been the end of it.

You can remain friends, but you have to get out there and meet other guys. Once your love is reciprocated, you won't have to obsess over this guy, and he will have the space he needs. Being together on honest terms is what a real friendship is all about.

• I've never looked at it like this before. Thanks so much for opening my eyes! I really appreciate it!

• Thanks a lot! I was about to take everything back thinking "The QA is just gonna be like whatever, and call me a jerk, etc" but it worked out! Haha.

• When I first read it, I was kind of caught off guard, but after I thought about it, it actually made a lot of sense... Thanks again!