Weird blister in my mouth, should I be worried?

Today I found a weird blister type thing in my mouth, it doesn't hurt but it's like a bump and it looks like it's filled with a clear fluid. I am not... Show More

Why is this in sexuality? I clearly said it's not from sexual behavior. Who's in charge of re-categorizing the questions? Are they illiterate? Is this clearly not a health related question?

Most Helpful Opinion

• Depends where it is located sounds like it could be several things such as a cold sore which usually appears on the border of your lips or if it is inside your mouth it is more likely a mucocele you have lots of tiny salivary glands all over your mouth and sometimes they get blocked by tiny stones and can make it fill with saliva. Usually they resolve on their own and will pop sometimes they will come back in the same spot. Those usually appear where ever you have soft tissue in your mouth inside of your lips, cheeks, under your tongue, sometimes they can occur on the roof of your mouth too though. If the little bubble is on your gums then I would be more concerned. It could be an abscess, it is the spot where an infected tooth is draining. So if it is there in a few days or comes back you need to see your dentist.

• Wow, thanks for you answer. I googled mucocele and some of them look frighteningly big (thank god mine is not and I hope it does not get that big) but I found this image and this is exactly what it looks like link but on the inside of my check, about 2 cm from my gum so I think you're right. I also popped it myself and now it's virtually gone. Thank you!

• Don't worry that you popped it. It is what we would have done for you at the dentist office.