Why are more men becoming gay?

is the girls fault?

I honestly don't believe gay people are born gay.

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, there are no more gay people today then there ever were (about 5%), it's just that people are less afraid to come out these days, whereas before, in most circles, being gay was completely unacceptable. If you weren't an artist of some type, then it was forbidden. Remember into the 70s, it was still considered a mental disease in many states!

And, yes, most gay people are born gay. They couldn't choose to be straight anymore than I could "choose" to be gay. I'm attracted to women, and I didn't "choose" that, it just IS. It's the same for them.

Now, some people ARE "made" gay. Children who are very young (6 and under, for the most part), who are sexually abused, can have their "wiring" scrambled and essentially become gay (or asexual, or hypersexual, or other things). Again, they didn't "choose" anything, but they definitely responded to a trauma and their lives changed course. Once a child hits 6 or 7, though, whatever they are is already "locked in" to the neural connections in their brain, and won't be undone.

• you didn't "choose" to be straight because that's the natural order. gay people go against that natural order when they choose to be gay

• If a gay person can CHOOSE to be that way against his instincts (which you claim have to be telling him to be straight), then that means that YOU could choose to be gay too. So, you think you could decide to be attracted to and lust after other men if you wanted to? That's the argument that you are making...

• Its less then 5% for being gay I think you are including bisexual as well then it would raise it to around 5%.