• Ask
  • myTake

Should a guy take you out?

Should a guy take you out even if it's just a friends with benefits situation. It doesn't have to be a date, but just go out together from time to... Show More

Let me also add. My friend was also in an FWB and they still hung out outside of sex. They went to dinner together, movies, jogging, and other activities, and they haave sex. Therefore, the situation was not "cheapened". Why is mine different? I have said it once in an arguement and he addressed all of my other points but he ignored THAT ONE POINT. Why do we just stay in his apartment? We never do anything together just as friends.

What Guys Said 1

• There is nothing wrong with have FWB as long as it is safe and as long as there is respect between the two of you. The key word is "FRIENDS" if a girl just wants to bone and leave then she just wants a booty call. I have had a good experience with having a FWB. She is my friend, we call and talk to each other about normal things, and we hang out just like other friends do, but we also had the perk of having sex together. It's really just a matter of respect without the emotional attachment of dating exclusively. With those expectations a good FWB is a good experience as long as it is with someone you like as a friend.

• But shouldn't friend also hang out? Like why be confined to an apartment? Why can't we catch a movie or something? I go with my friends to a movie. So what makes it different since we are just friends? The sex is always there for now, but what would we be when the sex is gone? We don't actually hang out like real friends. We just stay at his place, after sex we talk for a few hours then I leave. That's not friendship to me. That's just sex and talking.

• I am agreeing with you. ;) You guys should be hanging out and talking like friends do. That is one of the best parts to me.

What Girls Said 1

• because he only wants the benefits. if he wanted to take you out he'd be dating you. sometimes there are feelings between FWB and they go out together. but imo when the guy has no feelings for the girl he probably only wants the sex and doesn't even want to take her out.

• IMHO that is a "booty call" and not FWB.