Guys, if you get along so well with your FWB, why is it so difficult to make her your girlfriend?

I have a friends with benefits who I am in love with. He basically doesn't want me as a girlfriend and stopped seeing me altogether.

If we get along so well, why not make me a girlfriend?

Months later he started dating a girl. She's smarter than me (engineer) and slightly prettier (I think).

Thanks for the answers. As painful as it is, I still want to understand. We didn't 'agree' to be FWB. We 'dated' then started having sex and had more sex, etc. I tried to get to know all his friends. We have 17 mutual friends on FB (the other girl only has 8).

He came to my birthday party and seems to enjoy the times with me.

That's why I don't understand why he doesn't want me as a girlfriend. Please help.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think for a lot of guy's they just can't respect a FWB situation or the girl who has been in one.

• So in his head, he already judged me as easy sex so that cannot change even when we have a great time together, I know all his friends and I feed his ego like no other?

• It my be an issue with him.

• Hope everything worked out for you (: