• Ask
  • myTake

Why do women get upset when their guy falls asleep after sex?

I'm a virgin, but isn't sexual intercourse a tiring process, much like exercise? So wouldn't it be natural to fall asleep?

Most Helpful Opinion

• Lots of women want to cuddle after sex because of chemicals that are released after we've bonded with our partners. So it's just slightly unsettling when you so badly just want some more physical affection after sex but then get nothing. I've never had actual sex but even for me after oral or getting a orgasm from whatever else I still also feel like at least having the guy hold me or kiss me for a few minutes after the time to wrap the entire show up and to feel special.

What Guys Said 3

• Likely because women want to talk and cuddle and bond (talk)

• Its a chemical thing, ones that release in men after orgasm which induces sleepiness. If you have sex in the morning, or during the day when you're already rested, then its less likely you'll conk out, but if a guy does so at night then it just compounds whatever tired feeling they may already have. Those guys who can go multiple times in quick succession don't release as much, which is what enables them to do so. Double entendre unintentional there.

• It's more than just being tired from the physical exertion. For men it's a chemical response and, at least for me, a pretty powerful one. Google it if you want details. I think women get upset because a) they don't have the same chemical reaction and b) they take offense at it because they think it means he doesn't care about her (or something like that).

What Girls Said 3

• It doesn't make me upset. Usually after sex, my boyfriend and I get something to eat and then we both fall asleep. Lol We never cuddle after sex (which I'm fairly sure is something most women want) but it has just never appealed to me. I suppose some women just want more romance and one-on-one time rather than just sex and then straight to bed. But for me, I'm with my boyfriend all the time and we talk all the time so I don't need all of that "extra" stuff after we have sex.

• I have no idea, because I fall asleep after sex all the time.