What about Female on Male Sexual Violence?

Hey how's it going, everyone? I am back after another long hiatus. I had a lot of personal things going on. I had to move (which my PC got broken during) and I got engaged! Yay! Anywho, I have been thinking hard about what I want my return article to be. I have decided to take an alternate perspective on the whole "Should we teach men not to rape or Women to defend themselves" debate. So, without further ado, let's begin!

What about Female on Male sexual violence?

So as many people know I have been the victim of sexual assault by a woman. Being a man I have no support network (besides you lovely people who expressed nothing but support and I love you for it) and nobody I told for help even took me remotely seriously. Honestly, I think this is a bigger problem than the sheer amount of rapes that occur yearly. Having one sex completely alienated from any kind of help for such a traumatic event. Women being seen as weaker or more breakable is a major problem in the western world. Not because it isn't true or because it is damaging but because it affects men in an extremely adverse way. I am not saying it doesn't affect women, but that it doesn't affect women nearly as much as it does men. Let me explain.

When women are seen as weak and fragile it means men are seen as powerful and domineering. The problem with this is that many many men are not that. This means men who have a struggle with being dominant or abrasive have no support structure for when they are inevitably made a target by other people who are more dominant and powerful. The problem is, most men are driven by a sense of honour. A mental note that they should always do the honourable thing and always maintaining a certain sense of personal integrity. This is a critical and integral part of a man's personal identity. When this is stripped from a man, he is stripped of his very manhood. He is stripped of the most important thing. His masculinity. This wouldn't be an issue for men who have the ability to rebuild that but some men don't have this ability. For me, personally, I have the ability to rebuild that by doing good deeds, helping friends or listening to the struggles of a stranger.

What all this means, Grandma is that when women are seen as weak men are seen as strong. We, as a society, see strong things as things that don't need protection. Things that don't need assistance. Things that don't need a hand to hold occasionally. The problem with this is that there is a very large portion of the male population who isn't in a physical position to be that person who doesn't need any of that. Those people are still people. They still deserve protection. They still deserve a helping hand. They still deserve assistance.

However, when women take advantage of these men (usually the type who are overly nice and tend to be uber submissive) they have no ability to defend themselves. Men are typically drugged, gotten drunk or something of that type when they are sexually assaulted by women. I was the latter of the two options. People tend to laugh at these people. These human beings who have had horrible and heinous actions taken upon them are LAUGHED AT. They are mocked. They are belittled and dehumanized. This isn't right. This needs to be rectified.

Well, this is really all I have to say for now people.

Cheers!

~Jarhead

411
ThatJarHead is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 4

• All people should be taught not to rape, and all people should be punished if they commit such a horrific crime.

• So you're solution is to indoctrinate those who are innocent of the crime. Huh, so what happens when one gender is unfairly targeted because the stigma is that men do all the raping? What happens when female rape statistics rise in the future, are you going to sit through a lecture being told you're a rapist simply because you have a vagina?

• 7d

Bring on the sex dolls.

• 7d

@Wwwyzzerdd So you're okay with being raped, as long as it happens in your own bedroom?

• 6d

I think it's terrible when it happens to men. It should be understood and believed. Men deserve the same support and services that women would get.

• My boyfriend... recently a girl offered him a hook-up and he refused. She attempted to sleep him.

I scolded him for but twisting and breaking her wrist right away. What a gentleman.

• 5d

This happened to one of my exes but I don't feel sorry for him, he entertained these type of women and defend them, sorry to hear it happened to you and congrats on your engagement.

What Guys Said 11

• Some say everyone should be taught not to rape but I'm pretty sure rapists know raping is wrong they just don't care.
    I got a bad beating from an ex girlfriend who started hitting me with a mallet when I told her I wasn't going to buy concert tickets, it went on like this every so often she'd go nuclear over nothing and get violent. Eventually when I dumped her she went into the bathroom and called the cops and came out and instigated a fight hoping that I would hit her but I just walked outside. The cops arrived and arrested me and I was in lock up over the holidays while she trashed my place, my car and ran up debts on my credit card. I got off with it because the stupid bitch had bragged to the whole world on facebook how she had got her revenge on me for dumping her. Her Dad who was a decent guy paid me the cost of the damages and for all the debt and money she stole. She's married to some guy who threats her like a punch bag but id say she instigates the domestic violence first and he responds by ending it.

• I am sorry this happened to you, and I am sure that there are many other men who it has happened to, but who are too ashamed to come forward and suffer alone, or who are mocked and suffer alone. I am afraid nothing is going to help this in the near future, if ever. Even if there could be a movement to spread the knowledge of this to everyone, nothing would change because people continue to do what they identify as a person who does until something hits really close to home. I really hope your friends understand and would support you and not mock you. And what about your fiancee? Honestly if none of these people support you after knowing about this, they are NOT your friends, and they are not really worthy of having friends of their own, because they are not there for people.

• 4d

well, first of all, congratson getting engaged.
    i hope you have only positive experiences with women from now on :-) .

i haven't heard of a guy being raped, but i do have some friends who were sexually abused by older women who were supposed to look after them. they just laugh about it and brag that they got lucky at a young age, but i can see its kinda fake and their just coping and trying to be manly infront of us. and most of the guys totally buy it.
    i understand how this is a real issue but its not adressed at all

• 6d

Apparently you didn't get the memo.

Only women are ever victims. Men are all monsters. And women do nothing wrong, ever. Anything they do, a man caused it.

The hatepigs have been telling us this for decades.

Fuck this society.

• 6d

What if someone was raised with only 3 words: ball, good and rape? Should that person be to blame for their actions?

• Rape is rape. It's horrific regardless of the gender of the victim!

• A woman cannot rape me

• 6d

Ewww. Quit whining. :)

• 5d

*... thing...

• 5d

I kinda think that too, but if you stimulate a person they can become aroused. That;s what many women whose men don't want them still end up trapping them with kids, I am happy for this post. I figured it's something like this, maybe she was trying to get knocked up by him for a ring, this planet is entertaining I don't wanna get off.

• Sorry to hear your story and great mytake

• didn't mean sorry to hear mytake meant to say it was a great mytake

• 7d

We need to be taught that men could be sexual abused.

• 7d

Robots