Why do guys watch so much porn?

I know this is a ridiculous question.. But if you have a girlfriend who will do whatever you want in the bedroom, why is porn so necessary? It... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• For some guys porn is a habit. They started watching it when they were single, and they bring it up without thinking. I knew a guy who would just download gigs of porn. He did not even look at more than 5% of it. It just became a thing he did in the background while surfing the web.

For others it is an addiction. Like any drug, at first they did it for the thrill. Later they do it because they don't feel normal otherwise. They actually can go through withdrawal if they stop cold turkey.

Others do it do fulfill some need their girlfriend will not fill. Like say he wants anal. She does not. So instead of finding a hooker he just fantasizes about it while watching it online.

Then there are the researchers. They want to find ways to improve their sex with their girlfriend so they look for stuff that is possible for non-pornstars to do that looks interesting.

And finally there are some specially randy men who need it more than their girlfriend is able to provide due to distance, time away, visits from aunt flo, and "headaches". Instead of finding some other bang buddy they just pay a visit to Rosie Palm and her five sisters while watching online boobage.

I will make a final note: Porn for men can be like Romance Novels for women. Porn provides an impossible standard for women: The hypersexual, gorgeous, sexual athelete. Romance Novels do the same in regard for men: The rich, bad boy with killer abs/ass/arms and a heart of gold (regarding her). So if it bugs you I hope you are throwing your romance novels and chick flicks out with his playboys and hustlers.

• It's a shame I don't read romance novels..