Why do guys watch so much porn?

I know this is a ridiculous question.. But if you have a girlfriend who will do whatever you want in the bedroom, why is porn so necessary?

It makes me feel like I'm not doing a good job.

I'm sure it bother other girls, too.

Am I overreacting?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• For some guys porn is a habit. They started watching it when they were single, and they bring it up without thinking. I knew a guy who would just download gigs of porn. He did not even look at more than 5% of it. It just became a thing he did in the background while surfing the web.

For others it is an addiction. Like any drug, at first they did it for the thrill. Later they do it because they don't feel normal otherwise. They actually can go through withdrawal if they stop cold turkey.

Others do it do fulfill some need their girlfriend will not fill. Like say he wants anal. She does not. So instead of finding a hooker he just fantasizes about it while watching it online.

Then there are the researchers. They want to find ways to improve their sex with their girlfriend so they look for stuff that is possible for non-pornstars to do that looks interesting.

And finally there are some specially randy men who need it more than their girlfriend is able to provide due to distance, time away, visits from aunt flo, and "headaches". Instead of finding some other bang buddy they just pay a visit to Rosie Palm and her five sisters while watching online boobage.

I will make a final note: Porn for men can be like Romance Novels for women. Porn provides an impossible standard for women: The hypersexual, gorgeous, sexual athelete. Romance Novels do the same in regard for men: The rich, bad boy with killer abs/ass/arms and a heart of gold (regarding her). So if it bugs you I hope you are throwing your romance novels and chick flicks out with his playboys and hustlers.

• It's a shame I don't read romance novels..

What Guys Said 3

• how about this idea then. its kinda like window shopping. we are not really buying anything but just looking and if its done together with a partner its a lot more fun and then you can do all the shopping together that you want. =)

But seriously, if he could get some idea from it or some new moves or something different. why not try to watch to together and mimic what they are doing in it together. it can be fun.

• It just makes me feel uncomfortable. I guess, I'm intimidated by those girls. I feel like he wants them and not me.

• Yes, you are over reacting. For a start men like the thrill of the hunt, new conquests, etc which can be broadly grouped as variety. There is no variety with you. You are always the same person. Porn provides a bit of variety.

Another thing to consider is the different types of porn. Most guys have a type they look for. Girl on girl, hidden cams, girls masturbating, the list is almost endless. There is this little guy with a strange voice that approaches normal girls on the street and offers them money to show their boobs, more to show their pussy, more for a blow job. I kind get a kick out of his film work. He persuades ordinary girls to exhibit themselves for money.

Porn is just a diversion, it has very little to do with his sex life with you other than to help keep his libido up. You should not look at it as any reflection on you, because it isn't.

• Oh God yes. We are very simple beings. that is where you girls generate a lot of problems. You think we are thinking. lol :)

• Thank You, Serenading!

• So, basically, men really are as shallow as we think. Wow, thank you for enlightening me.

• if I had a girl who would do anything and everything sexually I would quit watching porn. it could also be that the men in your life like to be voyeurs and like watching sexual act instead of them being apart of it.

• Or with your partner... if your both up for it.

• Yea really porn should only be used when there's a lack of sexual activity.

What Girls Said 2

• girls watch too lol.sometimes you just want to se different stuff I guess like the only reason I really even watch porn is because I guess I idolize pornstars in a way and wish I could look more like them not be one, but I don't think your guy would cheat on you with a porn star unless he knew one personally lol I don't think you should be worried lol.

• Lol sorry :)

• Wow. That's all I can say here. Wow.

• I have to say you might be overacting too. =P

Think of it like this:

You like to eat lunch with your best friend, right? It's fun, and you both get to hang out! But what if you could eat lunch with your friend EVERY DAY. It'd be awesome for the first week or so, but then you'd start missing your private lunches where you get to read or just have a little quiet time. It's not that you don't like eating with your friend, it's that it's not as special when you do it all the time.

That is why porn is important. It lets you blow off a little steam on your own. Sometimes you want to have an orgasm where you don't really have to do much preparation. =)

• Thanks so much! =]

• That's reasonable too. You should talk to him about it. Maybe you both could make some of your own? (If you are comfortable with that) =3 So then he'll still get his alone time but also be thinking of you.

If you are really upset, talk to him. Don't demand that he give it up though, talk to him about how it makes you feel!

I can understand that a girl feels like she's being judged by the standards of porn, and when a guy uses it it can make you feel insecure. Let him know.

• Toilet then? I'm a very sensitive girl and porn hits where it hurts.. "/

• Show Older