Guys: how important is a flat stomach on a girl?

I'm sure there are girls like me out there who..no matter how hard they try...can't get the super toned abs they desire. we are not overweight at all.. and other parts of us are even pretty muscular. its just that darn stomach fat that just won't seem to go away!

so guys.. what do you think about the issue? is a flat stomach really that important?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• My favorite part of a girl is their stomach so to me it is a big deal. Stomach fat has a lot to do with diet so try to stop drinking pop, and try walking around after you eat.

• Don't assume if someone has a chub stomach they drink pop. I am a health freakkk and run 5 miles a day plus swim and yoga ( that's usually all in one day) and my stomach is still not that flat, its a pain in the ass to get that nice flat stomachh

• I don't think it's fair for everyone to jump down your throat about it; you just gave an honest answer. However, I do think that stomach fat can be really resistant to exercise (especially diets), it's pretty much the last thing to leave. Stomachs can be toned up when you're doing ab work, such as sit ups and crunches. I find that running and swimming alone will make the rest of my body fit, but I'll still have a tiny stomach. I have to be working those muscles as well, to be toned and flat.

• And that's not necessarily realistic for a lot of girls... some girls just have that extra bump on their stomach that will never leave, and it's completely natural. So, it just varies. :)

What Guys Said 6

• 7 years? Omg. The asker is now in her 30's. How did this come to the surface after that amount of time? That being said, it's not a big deal to me. I don't expect someone to be perfect. I'm not.

• If girls focused on school as much as they do on their weight the world would be run by women. All guys like a slim stomach, but how slim depends on the guy. More women do not have a flat stomach and they do just fine.

• Show me the boobs and I am good. Fat? what fat? I say who cares.

• Not important.

• lol of course it's not "that important."

• It nice to have but probably not a deal breaker.

What Girls Said 3

• same thing with me but my boyfriend prefers it that way. he said he wouldn't want me to look like a man!

• i have that same problem I am pretty skinny and I don't even eat that much and I'm always doing something but like someone else said the damn stomach! don't worry bout it most guys wouldn't care usually unless there picky or an ass!

• ugh I feel you girl! I hate that! I mean the rest of me is pretty great and easily toned, for the most. but my damn stomach uggh its so annoying and frustrating! like, I can get it looking really good but its the first thing to go when I take even a day or two of rest from working out/eating healthy.

i hate those girls who have a naturally flat stomach. my sisters have that. i, of course, dont.

• Eh same here! takes foreverrrrrr and the first place I get fat is stomach ofcourse!