How many sexual partners does the average college girl have?

I recently read a survey which said that women have an average of 3 sexual partners. Now it didn't confine this to ages and didn't explain the statistics, but I think this is a very inaccurate portrayal of the average woman today. College offers suitable social conditions and an ample supply of... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'm not friends with a lot of the stereotypical "college girls," but a lot of us aren't stereotypical and you're looking for an average so there you go. Among my friends, we tend to have either 0 partners or just 1 partner in a given year. I'm in my second year of college and have had no sexual partners over that time (or ever, for that matter); the same goes for my two best friends. My roommate last year was the same. Another of my close friends has only ever had sex with her current boyfriend, and even then not until they had been together for nearly a year.

It's not that I hang out with a particularly religious crowd. Although most of my friends are, they don't cite that as the reason they abstain from sex. Most just do it because they feel that sex is more important than people tend to value it today, and because of the emotional attachment that goes along with sex for them. And also, for the record, I attend a large public university where it is considered the standard thing to go out and get drunk and get laid on the weekend, and I don't believe that there's anything wrong with that life choice. There's just lots of us who choose not to.

While I see and agree with your point, that a girl who wants sex can probably get it without too much trouble as compared to a guy, the fact that guys don't have hundreds of girls lining up to have sex with them just shows that on average, girls take sex more seriously than guys, and are more likely to wait for a person they care about. That's how I see it anyway.

• I would think the exact opposite actually. With far more possible partners, women are more likely to have a frivilous attitude to sex.

• Women have it easy. They have guys lining up to meet them, hoping to get something. The hardest thing a woman has to do is select her partners. She does not have put out any effort at all, especially if she is even remotely hot. As the other commenter said, (paraphrased) more partners leads to a more frivolous and/or promiscuous attitude towards sex.