Why do guys get circumcised?

What are your reasons? Is it just religion, or does it look better? feel better? what?

Most Helpful Guy

• The origin of the mutilation was to keep boys from masturbating. It makes it more difficult to masturbate. The recent practice of it has been largely a revenue generating exercise of the medical community. Most doctors these days are no longer doing it, or at least advising strongly against it. The myth of being cleaner is just that, a myth. Boys can all learn to wash properly. And if there was any validity to the myth, why wouldn't the female labia also be removed routinely. It constitutes a very similar situation. I am not in any way opposed to a male being circumcised, but I am adamantly opposed to what constitutes male mutilation when it is done too babies. If one is too be circumcised, it should wait until the individual is old enough to decide for himself that he wants it.