Possible to pop your own cherry?

a while ago I was masturbating and well all of a sudden I noticed blood, I just thought it was my period at first then I figured out it wasn't time. Did I pop my own cherry or did I just like hurt myself?

Answers please, kind of confused and worried.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 5

• ya its possible if you either finger yourself, wear tampons or other things. I still don't know if I broke mine and I'm a virgin because I use tampons and guys finger me sometimes lol

• you probably ripped your hymen (popped your cherry)

• Selected as most helpful

It is unlikely that you "popped your hymen" as you did not mention any feeling of it popping. It is likely that you scratched yourself internally a bit. Anywhere you perforate the lining it will bleed. It is possible it was your hymen, but if it was I am guessing it is more likely that it was more on the order of a scratch than the traditional view of a popped cherry that would then allow sex without further tearing. In either case as long as the bleeding stopped, there is no pain, and no sign of infection there is nothing to worry about.

• Yes, it is possible.

• It most likely isn't all the way gone, when you have sex there probably still be a little bit of popping activity, my girlfriend never masturbated before we did it so it popped when we did it, but there was quite a bit of stuff so there is possibly some of the hymen left in there.

• Yes,it's very possible you popped ur cherry.

• yeah, it is possible, and it sounds like you did. Nothing to worry about.