What does "hang out" really mean for a guy?

OK I know it could mean many things... but I just wonder when guys say lets hang out, what's really on their mind? Like if you were telling a friend (girl) to hang out... Would they have in mind sex afterward? Do you use it when you wanna get to know someone more with a possibility for a relationship? I know this hang out thing doesn't apply if you have known someone for long already and you are friends with that person... because that would mean just hang out as friend. I am just wondering for people who just met or they have known each other but just hi and bye but never hang out... so what are your thoughts on it...

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally hang out to me says he wants to go to a place with a fun, light hearted atmosphere so that the two of you can just have fun together. It's different from a date because in a date everything from the setting to the way he acts is sorta all about you, all focused on you, while "hanging out", he's just being carefree and having fun. The difference would be something like: Going to movies and a dinner is a date but going to an arcade or an amusement park is more hanging out, because even though you're there, the object is to first and foremost have fun.