What does "hang out" really mean for a guy?

OK I know it could mean many things... but I just wonder when guys say lets hang out, what's really on their mind? Like if you were telling a friend (girl) to hang out... Would they have in mind sex afterward? Do you use it when you wanna get to know someone more with a possibility for a... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally hang out to me says he wants to go to a place with a fun, light hearted atmosphere so that the two of you can just have fun together. It's different from a date because in a date everything from the setting to the way he acts is sorta all about you, all focused on you, while "hanging out", he's just being carefree and having fun. The difference would be something like: Going to movies and a dinner is a date but going to an arcade or an amusement park is more hanging out, because even though you're there, the object is to first and foremost have fun.