Why do guys(and girls) watch porn?

I know I look at it but sometimes I wonder why. I mean I am in a healthy relationship and would never want to cheat on my lover or desire the porn... Show More

I just wanted to say one more thing. When my boyfriend watches porn he is very specific on the type of women he watches. He likes Spanish women, you know the latins/lolitas. So what does that mean? I'm white so I feel kind of you know inferior to them
because they are exotic and very beautiful and all that. I'm not saying he doesn't appreciate me or anything. But if he watches those women all the time, then why is he dating a white girl like me? I don't know it might just be an insecurity issue
But id just like to know so please answer! Thank you :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• I too watch porn on occasions. I like it but I hate 98% of it because its so fake. But, we watch it because everybody has a natural attraction to watch sexual activities. We are aroused by it, we are curious, we are naturally interested. This is true for both sexes, its natural. I don't lust for any of the girls, they are not part of a relationship because there is no interactions. If in a healthy relationship, sometimes its helpful to watch a little porn to build the mood for the real person in the relationship. Of course all of the this is within "normal limits", I amd sure someone somewhere misses the point, perhaps they somehow have to have it to get off? These people have issues.

As for the content of the porn itself, mostly its fake, ohh-baby crap. And one would likely get smacked by their partners if they were to actually try many of the things in the porn. I mean like, I would think of smacking certain sensitive areas as they often do in the porn, not unless I am thinking to kill the mood.

Sometimes something "real" comes along, like in the movie "9 Songs", where the sex is real. A turn on, even if the persons are not the greatest looking. But again, I don't lust for one in the film.

• Thank you very much for your answer it has helped me out. I just didn't want to be a freak because I was with someone but still watched porn every now and then. And I didn't want to seem like I was no being faithful or trustworthy by looking at it.