Can you guys please tell me if a tubular boob is a big turn-off?

One of my boobs has a tubular shape. And no, it isn't just me. My doctor has seen it, and she too says it's abnormal. The problem is that this is a big inhibitor and is keeping me from showing guys my top half. I refuse to get physical in any sense other than kissing. Can you guys please tell me if a tubular boob is a big turn-off? I have thought about getting implants to even them out, but for now its out of the question. It's costly, and to be honest, the whole 'going under the knife' thing scares me. To all the guys out there, give me an honest opinion about what you think. And if you are unsure about what a tubular boob looks like, search it carefully. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say a couple of things to this.

1) it seems like this physical abnormality is inadvertently keeping you from getting yourself hurt. Wait to get physical with a guy until you know he cares for you because of who you are, not what shape your boobs are in. If he likes you for the right reasons, it won't be an obstacle at all (just like all of the things that might be a turnoff).

2) I wouldn't get implants - I don't have any real experience here, but I would say that it's better to save your cash, be natural, and not risk having an elective surgery. Be happy with who you are and who God made you, and don't sweat the superficial stuff. Your body will be constantly changing - it'll never stay the same. Acknowledge that, and realize that physical beauty is way overemphasized in our society.

3) don't buy into the crap that Hollywood tells you - nobody is perfect. Everyone has something that makes them unique - be it a personality quirk, a physical abnormality, or some kind of genetic 'defect'. Like I said, be happy with who you are and wait for the guy who will truly love you no matter what. Because if you start changing your appearance now, it'll only be a slippery slope later on when you see other things that you aren't totally happy with.

What Guys Said 12

• My grain of salt:

I've dated a completely flat chested girl for months (before you get any wrong ideas: we were both 19!) She was like a boy in the breast area.

I've seen tubular breasts on topless beaches. I've seen pictures.

I've seen 16yr olds with sagging breasts on topless beaches.

I've seen 60yr olds with perky breasts.

I've seen and touched all kinds of breasts, (not the tubular ones)

I liked them all, except when I didn't like the woman.

Personally, I'd find tubular breasts a turn on, but I find all breasts a turn on, except the really over sized ones maybe (but then, I remember a certain F or K-cup French girl LOL)

If I liked you, I would like your breasts as much as I'd like you.

Asymmetric breasts? No big deal: in a way or another, all women have asymmetric breasts, except surgically operated porn stars.

Look here for breasts you haven't seen (a feminist site, no porn!) link

A extended visit to this site should be mandatory for ALL people, whatever their age, just as an antidote against the porn industry and the "Hollywood perfection"

Surgery? :-S :-(

I prefer women "au naturel"

• Hey, whether they're tubular, lopsided, one's there, one isn't be lucky that you have boobs. Many girls don't. But yes I can see how this will affect your confidence and in the future if you feel that bad about it, get surgery. And the the knife won't scare you that much if you want change that bad. It's not like I would be looking at a girlfriend's boobs anyway so I don't care. Just tell the guy, you're not comfortable taking your top off, he doesn't have to know. Boobs shouldn't hold you back, having no legs and no arms could hold you back but boobs? It's not even that serious. I'll tell you what, work on other areas for now. Do you have the perfect legs? The perfect stomach? Work on getting those (in the gym) and your confidence should flourish.

• Have no idea what you mean by tubular?. Even tried googling an image of another girl with a similar thing going on and no images.? Lost. Sorry wish knew what you meant. I can tell you though there are guys out there that are just into your vagina/butt so to some they don't even really matter at all. All depends on the guy I can tell you that much. Although keeping in mind E size boobs are nasty. And Even DD's are too much Or D's C's and A nice full b-cup girl is where its at. Not too much not too little just right. But even then to a guy such as myself, it's a plus. Not a need. I'm a vagina/butt guy. Long as both of those are in check I could care less.

AlPiNe~

• I'd suggest you just be confident about who you are. I seriously dated a girl with double A breasts. She was unbelievably self-conscious about them. I loved her so much and it was sort of a turn off when she was very self conscious. The bottom line is that if you are with a guy that likes you for who you are, he won't mind if you have a breast that looks irregular. I know I didn't. I was just so happy to be spending time intimately with my girlfriend that it didn't really matter to me.

Now if you're going out on the weekends all the time and hooking up with random guys and the like, then this might be different. But if you really like a guy, and he really likes you, it shouldn't be a big deal. No one is perfect. I'm sure you'll end up being with guys that have small testicles, a bent penis or a hairy back. We are what we are. And as soon as everyone accepts that, we can all have healthy relationships. :)

• Yes tubular breasts are a turn-off, but nothing is more of a turn-on than breasts jiggling and swinging because you're pounding with reckless abandon. So in sum, shallow guys won't like you, real guys will work with it for a while until it's not a problem anymore.

More from Guys
7

What Girls Said 7

• If you want to have sex and feel comfortable while doing it wear a very sexy bra or a sexy nighty, and leave it on during sex. Sometimes a little scrap of clothing can give you just the confidence you need. Only you can decide if it's worth going under the knife for. Sometimes girls fill out differently and it might even out somewhat in time, but if it really bothers you, you will have to deal with it eventually.

• I just googled it and honestly. I don't think it looks too bad. Just seems normal to me.

i am sure guys will love it. A lot of guys just love boobs whatever they look like ;)

• As a female in a long term relationship I can tell you I rarely take my top off during the deed.

A nice, frilly bra could mask the abnormality and still turn your man on.

I also agree with the guy who said that your insecurity is keeping you from getting hurt. You should be with someone who cares about you and loves you and would never make you feel bad about yourself due to your imperfect chest.

• Listen, I have the same situation. I'm a C-cup and I have tubular breast and they face downward. I believe this occured due to hormonal imbalance during growing up. It all has to do with the horrible way we eat foods and what type of foods we eat. Not eating healthy causes al know diseases known today. But my advice to you is get the surgery. You know why? Because the world has the minds of men fixated on visuals like perfectly round pointy boobs which people can be born with but if so... even at the age 19 you will start to see sagging. Gravity is a B! Anyways my many failed relationships ended because I think I never showed my boobs. But back then I was 16 when I first had sex and I told my first sexual partner that I was shy. And he understood. He wanted to be with me so bad but I didn't feel right to deprive a boyfriend from something I know guys like, which is p*rn boobs. And I'm not saying all men are ignorant like this but it is highly rare for you to find a man who will be OK with it and want a long relationship with you and even get married. I don't have sex anymore because now that I'm 20 years old what will be my excuse not to show grown men my chest? I am working foward to getting them corrected. These boobs are not your fault. Blame it on the world and what garbage they encourage us to eat. Good luck to you darling. Be strong.

• Hey , I think you are too harsh about it, I have the same "problem" but I have never met a guy that complained about it. All guys I've dated loved my breasts and I had one 2 and a half year relationship and now I'm with another guy ,3 years next month. So as long as you work out, make your ass look perfect nobody is going to see the boobs hanging :)) I cried a lot when I was younger but my ex (2 years relationship) told me he likes my boobs over the ball looking like ones that pornstars have. They are just boobs , we are the ones obsessing about them not guys, both told me they didn't see them otherway than sexy, and they were surprised I was frustrated about them.

• I think tubular breasts look just fine.

More from Girls
2