Do you get turned on by rape scenes in movies or on TV?

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one! Anyone else?
I understand that rape is horrible, I guess it's more of a fantasy thing? I mean when I hear about it on the news, it makes me sad and I would never want to be raped in real life.
I thought guys got turned on too...I guess not.
Anyone else?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have before too. Let's hope we aren't alone.

• I know, I'm worried :(

• I think you need to speak to rape victims and find out just destroyed their lives are from the experience.

• The idea of it in a movie, is quite different than it actually happening. I enjoy the idea of forcible sex. someone being raped in far beyond painful. I don't need to speak to anyone, but thank you.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 13

• Absolutely not.

• you probably are.

But seriously, the act of sex is probably the titillating aspect that's turning you on but you;re not focusing on the meaning of the scenes. someone's being horribly violated having their life destroyed, It's not wank material. Of course you know it's not real though so it feeds into sex fantasies but it's not something any sane person actively wants to see.

• You need help. Rape is the one of most violent and despicable attacks that could ever be inflicted upon a woman. I hope you are never raped.

• No

• It can be hot sometimes, just not when there is bloodshed or merciless beatings. In reality, rape is an ugly thing, but in fantasy its a bit different.

More from Guys
8

What Girls Said 13

• Honestly it depends on what you consider a fantasy, obviously it is healthy when it is discernible from reality. It is not the rape itself that is causing the arousal, but rather the submission.
    Generally that kind of arousal stems from wanting to relinquish control in the bedroom, or not feeling comfortable asking for what you want. I for one am a control freak in every aspect of my life so a relaxing sexual experience is one that stems from lack of control.
    I am rather surprised at the amount of hate this question is getting, as an individual it is completely okay to experiment with a willing partner in whatever sexual avenue makes you both comfortable. As long as communication and guidelines are set in advance there is no problem or judgement you should feel from not liking vanilla.

• Sometimes the idea of forcible sex is a turn on, but actually seeing a full scene of a violent rape... not so much.

• No, it's triggering for me & I hate it.

• I think this has opened up a lot of emotions. I don't condone rape at all but I do imagine sometimes being attacked and someone tries to rape me but then my boyfriend turns up and fights the thug/s to protect me.

My boyfriend is very muscular and it excites me imagining us at a beach and both just wearing swimwear and he has to fight thugs off but he gets very hurt. But he manages to win and save me.

• Yea, I do, know any movies with a rape seen in it?

More from Girls
8