My girlfriend's cherry didn't pop when we had sex.

Me and my girlfriend just had sex for the first time. She swears I was her first, but her cherry didn't pop.. so I'm skeptical and a little worried. She does use tampons but she uses the very small ones and hasn't been using them for long. Is she lying to me about her virginity?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• what were you expecting? did you expect to hear a "pop", did you expect trumpet fanfare? did you expect blood? the "cherry" has nothing to do with a woman's virginity, especially not in this day in age. centuries ago, women were basically sedentary, so when it came to having sex for the first time, the hymen or "cherry", if she ever had one, was usually still intact. but now women play sports, we exercise, we wear tampons, there are just sooooo many ways for a hymen to break. mine broke while I was horseback riding; my friend's broke when she jumped into a pool lol. and other girls are simply born without hymens. there is no sure, scientific way to prove that a woman is a virgin. back in the 1500's hymens were a pretty good (but not sure fire) indicators of a woman's virginity. really all you can do is trust that your girlfriend was being honest. but just because there wasn't blood on the sheets or you didn't fell something break or pop, doesn't mean she's lying to you.

What Girls Said 6

• And it won't - all the "cherry" is is a very very very thin layer of skin that covers the cervix and it can be broken by a tampon or even a slight fall...very rarely does the tip of the penis cause the breaking of this lining unless she's a young virgin and one who doesn't use tampons or who has never been fingered hard.

• Some girls don't even have a hymen to pop, or it could be very thin and you didn't realize you've popped it. You shouldn't worry about things so much.

• All girls have a hymen, it's a matter of if she broke it or not

• Not all girls have them to start with it may be rare that you meet a girl who doesn't have one but not all girls do,

• Many girls break their hymens before ever having sex by doing various activities like exercising, gymnastics and/or horseback riding. I never bled or felt pain my very first time having sex.

• No no no she is not lying about being a virgin if it didn't pop or whatever... when I lost my virginity my cherry didn't pop, I didn't bleed or anything. actually it didn't hurt at all when I first had sex.

• Many girls break their hymens before having sex. She could have broken it doing vigorous exercise/riding horses. She might not have had a huge one to start off with. Many girls do not feel pain the first time they have sex.You need to realize that this "problem" is your problem. Why would you be skeptical and worried about this? Were you a virgin too? Or do you have double standards? It is 2009. You need to adjust your thinking about this.

• I think he's worried because he expected his girlfriend to be truthful about her sexual history, and he needs to know whether the "evidence" she's lying is valid. Nowhere did he imply that he thinks girls should have less experience than guys--this is about a trust issue. It's a fair and reasonable question.

• Show Older
    • People will lie about things for lots of reasons, many of them stupid.

• This simply implies that he is clueless about female anatomy.Females can break their hymen through physical activities.And he's leading to a bigger issue,which is a trust issue.His ignorance(not knowing) the female anatomy is causing other issues.Not all girls experience pain,not all girls bleed,not all girls break their hymens then and there

• Some girls just don't bleed their first time. It doesn't mean she was lying to you. I didn't bleed when I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend. You should trust her.

What Guys Said 4

• Why would she be lying?Are you an expert in cherry popping?Girls can be born without hymen, with a symbolic hymen, or can have 'broken' it at any age, just by jumping, dancing ballet, horseback riding, fingering, using tampons.A hymen is NOT a guarantee seal like on some software CD.There are many kinds of hymen. A few drawings: link

• The hymen (her "cherry") by its very nature is not a solid barrier across her vagina. Naturally tampons will "break" through, as well as if she has ever fingered herself or used a sex toy. Not to mention any number of other things can lead to her "cherry" being "popped". Hell, some girls don't even have much of a hymen to begin with.Trust what your girlfriend is saying to you.

• My girlfriend did not bleed the first time we had sex, and likewise was a virgin. It's natural to question it internally, since you were expecting something to happen that didn't, but you should definitely trust her unless you have some other, better reason not to.

• first off I think if your mature enough to have sex you should not always refer to the hymen as the cherryjust cause she doesn't have a hymen doesn't mean she's not a virgini mean tampons,viberators,horback riding,gymnastics,biking, etc all those activities can tear a females hymen i think you should of never had sex with her if you have to wonder if she was telling the truth I mean if you don't trust an believe her I woindt have sex with her