My girlfriend's cherry didn't pop when we had sex.

Me and my girlfriend just had sex for the first time. She swears I was her first, but her cherry didn't pop.. so I'm skeptical and a little worried.... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• what were you expecting? did you expect to hear a "pop", did you expect trumpet fanfare? did you expect blood? the "cherry" has nothing to do with a woman's virginity, especially not in this day in age. centuries ago, women were basically sedentary, so when it came to having sex for the first time, the hymen or "cherry", if she ever had one, was usually still intact. but now women play sports, we exercise, we wear tampons, there are just sooooo many ways for a hymen to break. mine broke while I was horseback riding; my friend's broke when she jumped into a pool lol. and other girls are simply born without hymens. there is no sure, scientific way to prove that a woman is a virgin. back in the 1500's hymens were a pretty good (but not sure fire) indicators of a woman's virginity. really all you can do is trust that your girlfriend was being honest. but just because there wasn't blood on the sheets or you didn't fell something break or pop, doesn't mean she's lying to you.