I have the biggest crush on my wife's friend.

I have fell into the biggest crush with my wife's friend and its driving me crazy. I feel like a kid again with it and its dumb I know but I can't... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• You're having an emotional affair. Those can often lead to a sexual affair. Your wife SHOULD be very worried. An emotional affair is more dangerous than a physical affair. You clearly like this girl a lot, are spending a lot of time with her and want to go further with her. She knows you are married but is clearly enjoying the attention or she would not be spending so much time with you.

You have to make a decision on what you are going to do. I can tell you that emotional affairs cause havoc on your life as I was in one. There is no good outcome...someone is going to get hurt. In my case, my husband never found out (we never had sex but did other things), but I am the one paying the price because I can't be with the person I want to be with. I am in an unhappy marraige and it has led me into a depression. Its great while its happening...then you realize you will never have a normal relationship with that person (i.e...go out to dinner, etc). It will all be a secret. The only way it can be a normal relationship is if you get divorced. Even then, there are no guarantees.

I suggest you keep her as your fantasy & nothing more. Unless, you want to go down a painful path. Best of luck...I KNOW how very hard it is to resist what seems so perfect.