Having a crush on a family member?

Just curious, how many of you had a crush on a family member when you were a little kid? I remember having a crush on a couple of my cousins when I was little... and it's pretty weird, would never admit that to any family member, but I try to make myself feel better by telling myself a lot of little kids go through this lol

This question has a poll!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I liked one of my older guy cousins when I was like, 8 years old and I used to tell him he was my favorite cousin, lol. I'm pretty sure he just thought I was annoying :o)

What Guys Said 7

• I had a crush on a family member, and it's really weird to think about it. I would never tell her or anyone in the family, but I do think these are common sometimes.

• Yeah, I had one on my cousin too. I always tried to get her to play "Show me yours Ill show you mine" but she would never do it.

• Lmao

• Haha my older sister used to make up games at our babysitters where we would all show each other things... its ridiculous to think of now, but it was so harmless.

• There's a such thing as 5th cousin? At that level I wouldn't even call it family. From my understanding, immediate family (father, mother, daughter, son) incest is abhorrent in most cultures with the exception of misinformed, forced practices like Ancient Egyptian royalty trying to preserve their bloodline. There are cultures where first cousins are allowed to marry. My cousin's husband's parents are married first cousins from a Sicilian village. link Still, if you get divorced, you've ruined the holidays for your entire family.

• I had one on my cousin when I was like 10...she was my step-cousin though if that makes any sense...she was my Uncles step-daughter...haven't seen her in years...

• Ya I have tons of step cousins, or cousins once removed... I don't even know what all the terminology means, but we're cousins in one way or another.

• My biggest fear is partying and sleeping with a girl here in Vegas, only to find out some how some way that she's my cousin...the horror!!!

• ummm... for what it is worth... marriage to a first cousin is legal in about 1/4 of the 50 United States... ;)

• Yeah ha ha I think this happens to everyone when they're young. I lost my virginity to my cousin.

• Really? how old and how close a cousin?

• We were both 13. I live in New York and she lives in Canada. I haven't seen her in 2 years, but we're cool about it. We get a long really good.

• yep, cousin crushes when I was little.

What Girls Said 11

• i have never had a crush on a family member that I can think of

• I've been physically attracted to a couple of my female cousins, but none of my male cousins, and I've never had a "crush", per se, on any of them.

• Yup; but like you said "little kid."

• I don't have any cousins within my age range, so no. They're all older than I am and live in different states/countries

• My cousin and I used to fight over who our Uncle liked better.I also had a crush on one of my cousins when I was younger. I think this sort of behavior is normal, it's not like at that age we know any better.It's nothing to worry about!

• Yeah I did. I'm going to tell them though. Its weird. haha.

• I never had a crush on any of my close cousins, but I did have one on my like my 5th? cousin. I wasn't extremely young lol, but I didn't know he was my cousin and I still kinda liked him. (He was gorgeous. haha)

• just this weekend I went to a family thing and this boy got out of a van and I was like OH MAN I HOPE HES NOT MY FAMILY. then he was like hey cousin.and my ex was my fifth cousin... we didn't know till 4 months into our relationship. then after we joked by saying hey cous.

• omg yes I have had a crush on my brother since I was like 6 or 7 I don't know why. We have fooled around a lot when we were younger and we had sex like a month ago. It is really strange I think but he is so hot and I don't know why I think that. I kinda wanna do it again but I feel wrong

• Omg! like no way! that's so crazy! cause 5,000 other people haven't written posts like this while remaining anonymous. how clever you must feel.

• Show Older
    • Hey I just call them as I see them I'm not being childish or in anyway need to grow up I told you how I feel about you. You were bitchy to me, were you not? there is no denying that you were bitchy its spelled out right above. so try to be a little more respectful to people who answer your questions and maybe next time you won't get called a bitch. Its a very trashy way to act. but then again I don't know you maybe you are trashy and if so I understand you can't help it.

• Says the girl who sleeps with her brother? lol ok... stop digging yourself a hole... you just look stupid. and yes, I'm being bitchy to you, but you are making it so easy.

• haha yeah.. my uncle and my cousin. I always felt so awkward about it until I realized that, at such a young age, those people were the close-but-not-too-close family members who you "bonded" most with and probably also felt most comfortable with. they were basically the extent of the guys in your universe, and they loved you, so they were prime crush candidates. x)

• i don't think I have ever had a crush on any of my close cousins. probably mainly because I don't have any cute ones lol. maybe distant cousins...very distant. actually I just got out of a relationship with one of my distant cousins. I didn't even know we were cousins at the time tho. lol but my best friend has a crush on her 3rd cousin. she just turned 15 and he is like 17 or 18. and her second cousin is even hotter than her 3rd. I don't see how she could live with having such sexy close cousins! lol