14-year-old sister ask about sex

So when I was about to leave the house earlier today, I overheard my 19-year-old sister in a phone call with a friend of hers, apparently my... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 14, and I have older brother. I think it would be equally embarrassing, hearing sex talk from my mum or brother. But, 'cos brother is actually a guy, I'd probably paid more attention to what my brother told me. Try to talk to her, without being so embarrassed yourself. Like, you know, be cool about it. Tell her that, well, she can do it now but maybe it would be better for her to wait for someone who will be 'special', and just in love with. I don't think telling her about handjobs/blowjobs is such a good idea. She may try to keep her virginity in the stupidest way possible - by doing "everything but" actual intercourse. But that's your choice. Give her some views on sex and virginity from boy perspective - like what do guys think about girls having sex do early. Try not to mock her or show that you think she's immature (well we all know she is, but trust me teenage girls don't like to have that one pointed) cos she may just get angry and have sex just to show she can. Be cool, treat her with respect, and be calm. Should help. If not, send your mum. If that doesn't help too, at least buy her condoms... She may not think about it and her boyfriend neither, but you sure as hell don't want your baby sister have a baby.

Good luck!