My boyfriend suggested getting a dildo to use on me...

And I wanted to get one and surprise him with it for Christmas. Unfortunately, I don't know how to go about getting one. What factors should I... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• You want to consider how it is going to be used and how it will add to your pleasure (that is the point of dildo, after all). My general advise is get one that is average human size or smaller. I own a lot of dildos and the smaller ones are the ones that get used and enjoyed more often than the monsters. If you are going to use it for anal play (and you will, eventually) make sure it is of a non-porous material that can be sterilized (I recommend silicon, steel or pyrex as good choices).

Find a good recommendation from someone who has actually used the toy. I really like blowfish (www.blowfish.com) because it is run by women and they go through and roadtest the toys. This is one of my favorites ( link because it does good gspot/prostate stimulation, can hold heat/cool (run it under luke warm or cool tap water for a few minutes. a few degrees difference is a big change) and can be thrown in the dishwasher to clean it.

Remember to always use lube when playing with a toy. I recommend liquid silk for vaginal play and probe original for anal play.

• Great advice. I agree with the points about size. Go for life-size or smaller.