Does Having Sex Make Your Hips/Butt Bigger and Wider?

I'm 16 and was having a debate with my 17 year old friend.I am a virgin,she is not.She said,that having sex makes your hips bigger and wider and makes your butt bigger(with no pregnancy).I told her that is a myth,and she told me because she's been having sex for two years with her boyfriend and that when she started,her hips and butt began getting bigger.She kept arguing with me saying she was right and I was wrong.I say sex has no effect on your hips/butt,but she says it does.Who is right?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 5

• You're completely right. That's a myth. Did she ever take into account that she's SEVENTEEN and probably not finished developing? Haha. Having sex doesn't mean you're suddenly, magically endowed with all this sexual knowledge. Obviously. Likewise, being a virgin doesn't mean you're incapable of educating yourself about sex. I read your other responses, and it sounds like she's just trying to hold your virginity over your head and make you feel stupid. And you're not. If anything, she's stupid for believing everything she's told.

• her hips are getting bigger because she's going through puberty. anyone that believes such a ridiculous thing like that should NOT be having sex... wow.

• Oh jeez... it's the age you're at, you're going to have to deal with people that think they know better than you, and they are dead wrong. you don't need to be having sex to simply not be a complete moron and get confused with the effects sex has on your body with puberty.

• Lol,well she argued with me forever and told me I wouldn't know anything because I'm a virgin and she isn't.

• You are.. Sex doesn't impact size of anything, except occasionally people's egos.

• Sex does not make your hips/ butt bigger and wider. You're friend's hips/butt may have gotten bigger since she probably started having sex before those things were done growing (assuming she's the same age as you).

• Oh..I didn't notice you said she was 17 haha. Then yeah, her hips and butt were most likely not done growing two years ago when she was 15.

• Selected as most helpful

i guess not unless she does it so much that its like a type of exercise for her

• I believe your friend is right. I think the repeated "pounding" of thighs on butt may bring blood to the area and thus resulting in a bigger butt or wider hips.

• Having sex should do the opposite. Physical activity burns "calories"...you know -- the things that add to weight gain, thus wider hips and bigger trunk. Totally wrong thinking...

• To be completely honest, only pregnancy will do that or eating/gaining weight, not sex.

• You are right. Her hips are growing because of her age.