My boyfriend and I had a threesome with a close friend of mine and now he's mad. How do I fix the relationship?

My boyfriend and I had discussed a threesome for over a year before we got serious about it. I backed out of it and said, NO WAY. We agreed not to,... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• You didn't do anything wrong, but you could have done some things differently. Let's note, though, that having someone you trust to be the third was very, very smart.

You could have checked in with your man asking whether he was okay with your making out with her. I'm sure that you had no reason to think he'd object, but better safe than sorry.

Giveb that you had changed your mind about your openness to threesomes, you could have reopened the negotiation. Maybe he would have objected to the third then, maybe not. Again, better safe than sorry.

How to fix it? Reopen the negotiation now; better late than never. It probably won't be okay to keep making out with your friend in the meantime, but you should at least make it clear that it's what you want.

Also, make sure to reassure him that your relationship with him is primary. In fact, if you're going to have an open relationship, you need to be *constantly* reassuring. If you are, he'll learn to trust you, this will blow over, and then you'll have everything.

Good luck.