Are guys really horny in the morning?

Some of my friends keep telling me that guys are horny in the morning, I don't believe them because some are perverted idiots but I am curious... are... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Testosterone levels are constantly rising and falling for men everyday. The point at which testosterone is the highest level is different for many men. However for all it's essentially when they sleep.(even a nap causes a boost in testosterone production.) When a man sleeps the culmination of melatonin(brain chemical which is what causes drowsiness and sleep) and high levels of testosterone leads to multiple erections throughout the entire sleeping period. The melatonin relaxes the spongy tissue in the penis and the testosterone gives signals to the tissue that the man is aroused(even though he isn't or well isn't being aroused by a real entity). The reason testosterone is the highest when we sleep is our body doesn't need to allocate resources to other important things when we are sleeping(especially when not on a full stomach). So with a lot of less work the body works on things that are needed less.(growth whether it be height, muscle, penis, and/or brain.(applies only when still in growing stage) Repairing body tissues and synthesizing more less needed steroids/chemicals such as dopamine, estrogen(for men), testosterone, melatonin, various enzymes, and proteins.

However just because we wake up with lots of testosterone and a chemical still in our body that makes us drowsy(melatonin) and obviously with drowsiness comes sensitivity(think pain killers) that can easily make us ready to have sex doesn't mean we are necessarily horny. I don't wake up horny. I wake up with a boner and feeling all fuzzy sure, but I just go take a p*ss in the bathroom as the boner goes away and get ready for life lol. Obviously if I lived with a girl whom I could have sex with I might be more inclined, but that is really an unknown. I'm not sure if it would change anything.