I want to have sex but I'm nervous.

I know its going to hurt, and I'm insecure about myself as is. My boy friend isn't a virgin, but I am. I guess I'm really afraid of doing something... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone is different. For my one friend, she said it didn't hurt at all and felt amazing. For my other friend, she said it hurt so much she had to stop (not to scare you!). Being nervous though can make you tighten your vaginal muscles which will make it hurt, as well as being nervous will also make it harder for you to get turned on, therefore you won't be wet enough and you may not expand enough to fit his penis-another reason it hurts for a lot of first timers. Just make sure you communicate with your boyfriend the whole time and talk to him about it first, tell him that you're nervous and he has to be gentle and go slow. Trust me once you get past the first time, it will only get better!