Stretchmarks are a Turnoff?

I'm 5'3 1/2 and 125 lbs and 18.When I was younger,i struggled with my weight,and was generally a little overweight(never obese) and when I was little,like 5/6,i was the tallest kid in the class(Yea that's not saying a lot now, I'm 5'3),and I got stretch marks when I was like 5/6.Now I have stretch marks on my hips and inner thighs.They are lighter than my natural skin tone.But I think the ones on my inner thighs are less noticeable.I'm a virgin and haven't had sex.And I'm very insecure about them.I've asked my guy friends if they are a turn off,and obviously they said yes,which I expected.And they told me whenever I have sex,just do it with the lights off.And then I asked if they are a turn off on another site(Y!A) and every guy said yea and to just turn the lights off whenever I'm intimate with someone. So for girls,what can I do to get rid of them?I've been using Cocoa Butter(Palmers),I use the regular body lotion then the one from the jar on the stretch marks at night and in the... Show More

And not to be rude,but I don't wanna hear cliche things,like if a guy really likes you he won't care.That isn't true,and love isn't going to make the stretch marks go away.

I don't mind putting make-up on to cover them,or sex with lights off

Most Helpful Girl

• Summer of 8th grade my family moved across country and I became very depressed. I gained almost 30 pounds in 2 months and have some large, ugly stretch marks on my inner thighs. I used to be very self-conscious about it. I went to the dermatologist and asked her about possible treatments. She said there wasn't much to do. She told me I could try over the counter creams for stretch marks (that can be purchased at the pharmacy) but I never tried and I haven't had laser treatment.

No guy I've ever been with has mentioned them. And I haven't mentioned them either. The trick, I found, was to gain self-confidence. It sounds like a terrible solution, but you need to feel comfortable with yourself and feel confident in your own skin. Confidence in a girl is a turn on for a lot of guys. So I started going to the gym. I went outside my zone of comfort and wore the shorts and the bikinis. I faced my fears, lost the weight, and gained my confidence back. That, for me, was better than any cosmetic surgery.

Plus, the guy I'm dating now has far more scars that are much more noticeable than my stretch marks. And in the heat of things (if you know what I mean)... neither of us care about who has scars and where.

So my simple solution? Don't make them out to be a big deal. They're scars, so what? A LOT of women have stretch marks, especially in the inner thighs, on the tummy, and on breasts. Don't mention them to a guy and don't be insecure about them and the guys (if they notice them) will brush it off and not mention them either.

Try some confidence building, not laser treatment. You need to feel comfortable with who you are and what you look like now, rather than what the media makes the "perfect" woman looks like.

• Ok thank you.I was just thinking of that.I was thinking if I make them a big deal,and go out of my way to make them obvious,then guys would definitely notice

• Yes, exactly. Just don't make them out to be a big deal. THAT'S a turn off for a guy, not so much the scar itself. Don't mention them and he most likely won't either. If he does, tell him the truth, but brush it off. It's in the past and not a big deal. SO many people have them.