How does a girl take a guy's virginity?

I've been hooking up with my friend for 2 months now. 'friends with benefits"-if you will. He's a virgin but he's difficult to figure out. We do pretty much everything but sex, I'm pretty sure he wants to. I know he's shy but he's very good at hiding it. How do I do it? Do I ask? Do I just go for it? What would a guy want to remember?

Most Helpful Guy

• Defining virginity depends on your definition of sex. To me passionate kissing is sex and can be more intimate than intercourse.

Communication between the sexes is one of the largest missing aspects of sex and relationships for us. We can't get into conversations about it because we have been taught that it is wrong to do so and we get all weird when we do or we turn into 12 year olds about it.

My suggesting is to be very mature about it and simply ask him. He may have his reasons for not wanting to have intercourse. He may be scared and unable to admit it. Just ask and find out what he is looking for.

Also, as part of a pre-sex discussion find out what having intercourse will mean for your relationship. We all have different ideas of what a post-sex relationship will mean.