Uncircumcised penis smells and tastes horrible--what to do?

Ok, sorry to be so blunt, but don't know what to do. I've been dating this man who is 21 years older than myself (I am 35) and we finally had sex after 6 months of dating. Physically I am not that attracted to him, but we both love each other. It's a comfortable, sweet love. He treats me very well. Anyway, I usually love giving blowjobs, but he is the first I've been with who has been uncircumcised. I almost threw up when I gave him one because it smelled and tasted like acrid pee and mildew. I KNOW he takes showers every day, so is this normal? what do I do? I love him, and don't want to hurt his feelings, but would like to have a normal good sexual experience with him! Please help!

Thanks for the info, guys, but how can I tell him to clean better without hurting his feelings? Before answering, think of how you would feel if someone you liked told you the same thing? I don't know how to tell him delicately?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well uncircumcised men need to clean under the foreskin as well, if not, then that's possibly where the smell is coming from. There might be years worth of accumulation down there.I found this out the hard way myself. I was circumcised at birth, but I had a little extra grow back, so I might as well not be. I was playing around and noticed what should have been the foreskin being able to peel back, but didn't. Come to find out, there was a lot of crud underneath (looked like bellybutton lint and other bodily residues). After that I found out I needed to pay extra attention while bathing, and it hasn't been a problem since.He should probably get checked out at a doctor if he is otherwise cleaning appropriately. It could be something a urologist needs to look at.

• Can I tell him straight out that it's gross down there?

• Show Older
    • Be circumsized for cleanliness...girls shouldn't have to smell urine and other foul odors in those areas. Would you go down on a piece of poon-tane that smells like butt or pee? I don't think you would like it very much. So, needless to say, girls should not date guys that have smelly penis. Not sanitary and MASSIVE turnoff

• -terri2020Some girl smell too. First girl I licked, the smell was terrible. Second girl I licked, it was a nice smell. I do agree with you about keeping up your hygiene, circumcised or not. I just don't think a hate speech from someone in a country that is 70% circumcised, justifies much, unless you have had the experience with a few uncircumcised individuals. A lot of girls go by word of mouth, instead of their own experiences. Thankfully my American girlfriend isn't one of them.

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah definitely need to find out if he is cleaning as good as he is suppose to. I'm circumcised but I have read and know that the opposite need to spend extra care cleaning to remove the fluid build up and smell. This build up is not good for him or you. Either he can or you can get a urinary tract infection which I hear is quite painful. I would hold off on anything until you know he is really clean.

• How can I tell him without hurting his feelings? We've only had sex once, and I don't want to ruin the relationship. I'm the first he's been with in at least a year, and he's the first I've been with in 2.

• Play dumb for a second, and talk to him like you are curious about his penis. Say something like, 'I have never been with a man who is uncircumcised. Does it feel funny with the extra foreskin?' Of course he is going to look at you fun and say no it feels normal. But this opens the door for discussion. Next you go like, 'Does anything ever get stuck in the folds? Do you have to clean really good?' He may laugh at first, but will eventually answer you questions and you want hurt his feelings.

• i don't think he clean himself that good. and its not normal. whether your circumcised or not if you keep yourself clean it shouldn't matter. same way with a woman

• I don't think that you would hurt his feelings if you tell him in a diplomatic manner. He may be unaware of the problem;and, maybe he isn't doing a thorough enough job washing there.Why don't you take a shower with him and bring it up in there.Wash it for him in a sexual manner and he probably won't complain.

Im uncircumcised.. And never had a problem with a girl, i mean a man should clean that area on a regular basis.

• If you love him and you want to be happy tell or show him how to clean himself "Google It"...if you don't then you must enjoy that odor as much as he do...

how can you be in love with someone you're not sexually attracted to? seriously. like, do you really enjoy having sex with him, or do you just love how he makes your heart feel that you put up with fucking someone you dont even want to fuck. let alone, blow. i mean i know he's got some smegma, and that is treatable. but how long can you really have sex with someone you dont even think about when you're fucking, obviously, i mean if you're not physically attracted. i dunno. weird.

• "Greetings young warrior, I'm in need of your assistance. There is a foul odor coming from the land beneath your belt. Wash your dick for 10 minutes with a powerful Irish Spring and scrubber then return to me for 5 xp and an epic blowjob." He may get his feelings hurt, but i'd bet he jumps in the shower with fervor for that quest reward.

• If you are worried about hurting his feelings then shower together and play a little. Let him wash you and you can was him...Take your time with his penis and tell him how important it is to you that you both are clean...Blow him in the shower after cleaning and tell him how good it is when it is clean and maybe the idea might catch on...If not...Dump him!

What Girls Said 4

• No, that is not normal. I've been with uncircumcised men before and it never tasted or smelled like anything. The only way to resolve the issue is either don't go down on him anymore and just stick with regular intercourse. Or you have to tell him that he needs to clean himself more thoroughly. Another option would be to take a bath/shower with him and wash it yourself :P.

• You all have me thinking, (and wanting to get even sicker) I don't want to hurt his feelings, though. How do I tell him it's gross down there without upsetting him? It's still at the delicate stage, as we've only had sex once.

• Great suggestion!!

• Hello,I understand what you are going thru, I'm dealing with the same problem myself in my relationship. It seems like after we make love, we both shower , then on the next day I can smell that same odor on me. I really love him and don't want to hurt his feeling either but it's coming to a point that it's becoming frustrating. It makes me sick to my stomach. How do you tell someone who much become defensive because he is embarrassed or hurt. It has to be dealt with sooner or later. I keep getting infections all the time, which I am a very clean person. I guess my only choice is if circumcision is not in the picture, then a condom will have to be. It is harder when you are married an have this problem. I need some answers too.

• ok my boyfriend and i had sex, and the condom broke, but i don't know if were able to have kids, because he's not circumcised

• What does that has to do with it?

• Ok so I'm british and here a circumcised penis is a rare thing-can honestly say I've never even seen one in my 23 years on this earth!!! and whilst im not the most experienced woman in the world none of the men I've been with have tasted bad-well one had funky tasting stuff but I suspect that was prob due to poor diet and alcohol. anyway my boyfriend now tastes fine-not really of anything and I find its quite a pleasure to give him oral. could I suggest you shower together, get all lathered up etc and then its part of the act to give it a clean-that is if you don't mind cleaning it for him. at the end of the day you both have to enjoy sex and you're clearly not going to if he tastes bad so if all else fails speak up-yes he might be hurt but hey its prob hurting you trying not to gag whilst you're doing it!!