I've only been with ONE guy!

I was married to the only man I have ever "been" with but am recently divorced. I've met someone I am crazy about so he will only be the second person I have ever had sex with when it finally happens. I want to know what my new guy will think about me being a virgin when I married my ex-husband AND will he thinks its cool (or not so cool) that he is only the second person I will have slept with. I am scared to tell him. Will he think I am weird?

• Vote A He'll think its awesome!
  • Vote B He won't care either way
  • Vote C He won't like it that you haven't had more experience
  • Vote D Other-explain below

Most Helpful Guy

• You wh0re!

TWO men? TWO?!?!?!?!

Ugh, well.. I guess that's just how you were raised.. cheap, easy and slutty..

(note: the above was said in complete sarcasm)

Here is the truth:

GUYS, don't give two flying sh*ts about how many other guys you've been with. They would think it's awesome if you tell them how many GIRLS you've been with, and would find it weird if you tell them how many ANIMALS you've been with. But the number of other GUYS you've been with, is meaningless.

STDs are an other story. If your ex husband had AIDS, or HIV, or some other STD, then you could be walking around with an STD, even though you've only been with one other guy in your life. A girl that's been with 500 guys (hypothetically), but has no STDs, would be preferred over a girl that's been with only one, but has an STD.

I hope you're not getting confused by "loaded" or "complex" questions:

"Do guys like clean STD-free girls that have been with very few guys, or dirty girls with STDs that have been with a lot of guys?"

Nearly all guys would say the first; but not because they have any preference to a girl's sexual history; but simply because they don't want to have sex with someone with an STD. The error that a QA could make is to take in the information to incorrectly conclude that: (therefore, it is clear as day that guys obviously prefer girls that have been with less guys, over girls who have been with a lot of guys)

If you seperate the two, and compare apples to apples & oranges to oranges, with a simple question, you'll get a concrete answer:

Do guys prefer girls with STDs or girls with no STDs? (No STDs)

Do guys like virgins? (Depends on the guy. For a few guys, it's very important. For a few guys, they would've have sex with or date a virgin even if she was the last woman on earth. For most guys, they could care less)

Do guys like girls with a lot or very little sexual experience with other men? (Again, it depends on the guy's preferences; which is largely a result of his own psychology, self-esteem, confidence (or insecurity), and his own sexual experiences with women. It can flip either way. Guys with not much experience might prefer a girl who hasn't been with too many guys, because it makes him feel less anxious & nervous about his lack of experience. Or, the same guy might prefer a girl with a lot of experience, because he wants to experience what great sex is like and learn new things from someone more experienced. The more experienced a guy is, the less and less he cares. If the girl is experienced, that just means better sexual chemistry and more fun in the sack. If the girl is less experienced, that just makes it a little annoying and frustrating because she's not comfortable with wanting sex, or knowing what she likes/wants in terms of pleasure, and what works for his pleasure)

You're making this into a bigger issue than it really is. RELAX (nobody cares; REALLY)

• Okay thanks. Well, I definitely don't have an STD, so no worries there. I will relax. I just wasn't sure how guys would see a girl like me. Thanks for your answer. Very insightful & helpful.