How far is too far for a Christian?

I am a Christian guy, and I have some questions about how far is too far when it comes to touching, making out, etc. I would feel better if other... Show More

Don't flame my beliefs either... This is what I choose to believe. I just want to see what other Christians think on the matter.

Most Helpful Girl

• I try and think of God's reasoning behind His rules as I obey them so that it is easier to apply them to my life in general. Why would God forbid us from having premarital sex? There is in part the medically unsafe aspects to think of - it is an easy way of transmitting disease. Then there is the concept of it destroying the family unit (especially back when the bible was written - there was no such thing as protection from STDs or birth control or emergency contraceptives so often times sex lead to children... being a bastard back then wasn't that great... not that it is much better now). But perhaps the more important reason I think for most of God's rules is simply that breaking them would take us further from Him and HIs Love. If you feel that doing this would take you further from Him or if you feel ashamed in doing it, I would say these are relatively good indicators that you should not be doing something. Have you tried talking to a pastor about this? I know it seems awkward, but if you have a man in the church who you can trust to share this with, I would.

Good luck.

Asker upvoted
    • He just wants to k about touching breasts, not about sex... What do you think about second base, or is ANY TOUCHING inappropriate?

• Thanks so much for your help. And for the comment above me your eight I wanna know really is any touching of another woman's body immoral. I want to show my affection to my future girlfriend, but you don't want to do something God wouldn't want me to.

• @toulouse - I wasn't just referencing sex. I said plainly, "if you feel that doing this (and by this I meant what he is referencing in his question) would take you further from Him or if you feel ashamed in doing it, I would say these are relatively good indicators that you should not be doing something (and by something I mean pretty much anything, to include his particular question)."