• Ask
  • myTake

Why it's called a blow job?

Why the man oral sex is called a blow job? It's not a job.Guy: Hey girl, what do you do in life?Girl: I'm a blower.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Maybe the air from their nose kind of blows? It is kind of a job, if you ask me. A job can just mean something you do, in a way.

What Girls Said 5

• Often wondered that myself. As often as I have given one seems to me sucking would be much more appropriate, and you are right it is not a job it is a pleasure.

• I get the impression the "blow" in blow job has something to do with cumming in her mouth. I've heard that technically there is a difference between oral sex and a blow job. We call it swallowing now but I get the impression, at one time, a blow job meant the guy was "blowing" "exploding" "cumming", whatever, in a mouth. That's just what I've gathered. I don't know if its true but it seemed like a very logical answer to me.

• It is a weird contradiction since you can either say a girl sucks **** or she gives blowjobs. Those two actions are complete opposite lol

• So what is the difference between the both?

• Um there isn't, lol. That's the point, it's totally contradictory because they mean the exact same thing. I think you're doing more sucking than blowing though, if we're being technical. You'll have to ask someone who knows abou that...sure as hell isn't me >.> tch

• It's hard work. They should at least give merit badges for certain levels of completion.

• Probably because it's generally a mind-"blowing" experience :) Haha

What Guys Said 7

• It is a job, and it's a very well-paying job if you go pro

• There are a couple of thoughts on it's origin.1.) Blow Job - Meaning To Ejaculate (Blow) Work to make it happen from a masculine perspective. (Job)2.) Jazz musicians in the 1950's referred to fellatio as 'playing the skin flute', and that's where the term originated". Fellatio is another name for the act of sucking or licking a man's penis and you "blow" into a flute to play it so hence the name "blow job".

• cause when it's done right, it blows your mind.that'd be blow as in blow up, not blow as in air.and it's like when you say good job to someone - you aren't telling them that they have a good profession. so good job with that mind-blowing blowjob - it makes sense

• In the old days, in prehistory, men used to stand out in the wind with their wangs out masturbating, apparently, because they liked the feel of the elements "blowing" against their nether regions. That's one theory, I remember seeing a programme on it. It was hilarious.

• Nor is much blowing done, either. It's just a name.

• Hopefully when eating out a woman, one isn't really consuming their body either.

• And actually it can be a job. A fluffer, in the porn industry.

• You are right, its a suck job...

• Looks to me like she's working pretty hard, and I can definitely feel the air puffing. Makes perfect sense to me.