She lets me touch her A LOT. Is this normal?

I've known this girl for a bit and have been thinking of asking her on a date. She's in my college class. We've talked for a while, but I wanted to convey my interest, so I started touching her to show that. At first it was just tapping her shoulder or holding it for a second. Then I started putting my hand on the small of her back when I opened doors for her. Now it's at the point where I put my hand on her mid/low back when we walk and what's amazing about all of this is that she has never flinched/recoiled at all or told me to stop or pulled away. I always checked her facial and body reactions discretely whenever I make a move like this and she never showed any signs of discomfort.

I'm not sure---do girls let guy friends touch them like this? Like literally, when we walk, I can have my hand on her back the whole time and she doesn't care.

Most Helpful Girl

• try to reach for her hands, if you're walking try to hold her hand, or if you don't wanna go that far, then when you're sitting in class, try to put your hand on top of hers, and see how she reacts, does she pull away quickly being freaked out uncomfortable, or does she blush, smile, show some positive gesture? also, if you want an excuse to touch her, the last guy that liked me wanted to see me ring and bracelet so he just went for it and gently grabbed my hand saying how cute my jewelry was...and I blushed like a fool! lol

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Girls Said 18

• If I were you I would quit wasting time and ask this girl for a date ASAP. She is giving you plenty of signs that she is interested in you. Good Luck

• yes go for her. We don't let just about any guy friend to touch us that way... its pretty much unconsciously like your body doesn't clinched because it "accepts" you... I am that way too... when my body feels comfortable with someone it feels normal but when not then I just feel uncomfortable and it will show in my face or reaction...

• she must like you too because I wouldn't let any guy touch my lower back if I didn't like him. Ask her out on a date.

• that's weird... I wouldn't let anyone touch me like that unless we were going out.. ask her out already... and for goodness sakes, don't ask her to "hangout" go on a date.

• I'd agree with the first two posters. Unless she's generally very comfortable around guys, most girls won't just like any guy touch them and not flinch, especially in sensitive areas like the small of the back.

More from Girls
13

What Guys Said 5

• She's comfortable with you, and doesn't think you're creepy. This is very good, but it doesn't mean she'll want to go out with you. She might also not let you touch her in CERTAIN places you might feel like going. :p

Try holding her hand next, and see how she reacts. If she responds positively, you're free to ask her out. >.> However, keep in mind there's the very small possibility that maybe she's just putting up with this because she doesn't want to make you feel rejected.

• She obviously wants your attention and you should appreciate that is a connection! Give her total respect and guide your interest further !

• Stop the touchy thing and ask her out if you are really interested.

• it's normal if the chick wants you to touch her... and I'm sure she wants you to do a few other thngs to her too... Go get her...

• Girls let close guy friends touch them anywhere. lol

• Yeah, but I'm not exactly "close". I've only known her a couple months.

• You can be classed as 'close' in a couple months. :P