Why do guys give girls hickeys?

i have had to go places with big hickeys on me. its not like I asked the guy to give me but they still did. why do guys like giving hickeys

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Sometimes it happens by accident, but personally, I think it's a way of leaving your mark on the person - kind of like marking your territory - to let other people know that you belong to that person. Actually, I think people do it out of insecurity because they want people to see and know that they were with you and that the two of you at least made out. They like to announce it publicly in order to feel good about themselves.

• I see - maybe he likes you

• but i wasnt making out with him, nor going out with him. he just pinned me down during our playing fighting and done it

What Guys Said 3

• I think some women are more susceptible sometimes and in the heat of passion some men get carried away trying to show their passion. Men are the yang energy while women are the yin energy which means that men are used to taking action. I think they feel by doing this they are showing you their love and affection.

• Nothing personal, it just happens that way.

• we were not even going out nor making out, he pinned me down when we were play fighting and gave me one, well three

• It feels good--duh.

• It may feel good but y would you do it to a girl you wasnt even going out with while you were play fighting with her?

What Girls Said 3

• its kinda like a dog peeing on a tree,their leaving their mark on you

• That was funny! lol :)

• just to let people know that you made out .just marking there territory

• Hmmm...well maybe he likes you then

• but i wasnt making out with him, nor was i going out with him

• Marks their territory. I used to go out with this guy who used to love to give me hickeys and I loved it when he gave them to me.

• Maybe he wants to mark you as his territory

• But what if you were not even going out with the guy