Why does my ex still want sex with me? what does it mean? anything?

Hi, Me and my ex split up just over a year ago now, and haven't really stopped having contact, we had a house together so couldn't really cut out all con act at the time and it has only just been sorted out. For the first 6 months I don't think he knew what he wanted. we have had several encounters, which I know is prob why he keeps asking, but he has been seeing someone for 6 months now and has got engaged to her, despite talking about her rotten to me( which again I not can't take much notice of) anyway, he is still asking to sleep with me,saying I was the best he had ? anyway, I really want a males point of view on what's he playing at? is it really just sex, can you really just keep going back when he keeps saying he has moved on? or does he still feel something? we were together 3 years, engaged and talking about starting a family? please help x