Does incest really happen in rural areas or the south that much?

Having come from a small farm town (in Nebraska by the way) I only heard one case of (almost) where a brother and sister in my school were drunk and... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• you really wouldn't know about it because incest is very taboo and no one would talk about it. I am from georgia by the way. I was in math class with this boy who said that his parents are 2nd cousins.

i think it would be more likely to happen in very small isolated rural areas because overtime if people don't leave town and they all stay in one area, most people would happen to be related in some way, so they would get together that way.

my dad's ex girlfriend told me a story in her family...she has 9 brothers and sisters that lived in her household, but her dad traveled a lot and cheated so she had several other half brothers and sisters. well one of her nieces met this guy and they hit it off and fell in love. when they were going to announce their engagement they ended up finding out that they were related. :(