Why do so many girls act like sluts?

I remember that some guys I once knew put up a "tired" list on Facebook. The list is basically the initials of all of the sluts that they knew or... Show More

Maybe I should rephrase my question. Why are so many PEOPLE sluts. Not just men and women. I believe that sex should be between two people who care about each other. Call me a hypocrite, call me an idiot it doesn't phase me.
I honestly believe that men are just as big of sluts as men. Look throughout history however and you will notice that it has been OK for him. I respect societies such as Muslims. My ex was a Muslim. He was also a virgin at 23. I respect him completely.
Do what you wish with your bodies. I didn't mean to hold a double standard and I'm not holding my nose in the air to these men and women. I do believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions. I've had sex but it was between me and someone I loved.
I was raised with my tribe's belief's. In this religion the women are in control and they can choose who they have sex with. What I believe has nothing to do with how I was raised. Perhaps I am old fashion and a romantic. Sex is good. But not with every1
Also I don't have a low self-esteem. I love how I look and who I am. What I do have is a history of sexual abuse so before you judge me realize that you know nothing about who I am. The events that happened in my past have shaped what I believe.

Most Helpful Opinion

• Why are so many people sluts?

It's because any sort of morality that our modern society used to have has been thrown out the window. Instead, in its place lies a gleaming new philosophy of incredible hedonism and selfishness. You know, the whole "me first" thinking. I find that the majority of people only have sex, not as the utmost expression of love to their significant other, but rather to get their rocks off because they're horny and are being driven by the reptilian part of the brain.

What's to blame for the fact that it seems so morally acceptable? Probably advances in contraception, because now, people can have sex all they want, and they don't have to deal with the consequences of sex such as conceiving children. This, combined with the media pushing this image that one-night stands and "friends with benefits" are morally acceptable is the tonic which has destroyed these traditional values that you and I seem to have.

Personally, I kind of feel sorry for you, Miss Question Asker. I understand where you're coming from; and the truth of the matter is that there's a hell of a lot of people in our demographic who don't think the way we do anymore.