Why do girls lie about rape?

Seriously...its despicable...you scar a guys reputation, risk sending him to serve prison time, a long time, and ruin his life in countless ways. And for what? To "get back " at him for something? Because you regretted hooking up with the guy? This isn't passing notes on gossip in middle school...its playing with fire...and not only are you ruining some guys life...you are making it harder for the REAL VICTIMS to report their crimes...a girl who does this is total scum and deserves to rot in jail for the same time the guy would have gotten.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Wow, so I'm late on this because you wrote it like five months ago. But I give you props man. I completely agree with you! All these other girls make it out like you are heartless, but you said it right there in your question "you are making it harder for the REAL VICTIMS to report their crimes." I had to distant myself from one of my friends because she accused her ex boyfriend of doing this. And I know she regretted it because she loved the man who is now her fiancĂ©e. I really just wanted to slap her in the face when she told me to, because 2 months earlier she was bragging about having sex with him. I agree that they are scum, they are heartless. They think of no one but themselves. This girl never went to the authorities. But she did sit there and complain about it everyday when she knew that I had been a rape victim since the age of six (That's not something a six year old girl lies about) My question is "How do they get away with it?" Rape victims have a cycle and certain ways they act, Every girl I have seen that lied about it... Is just as happy go lucky as before. It's total BS!

• Yeah, I in no one think you are a bad guy because of this. Everything you said makes perfect sense if you ask me :)

• They were coached to by someone....but that is totally out of left field and shcildren are bad liars so it probably wouldn't hold up. I'm sorry that happened to you by the way and I hope that your healing or are healed someday...I am not out to victim-bash or enthing...i feel horrible for rape victims and I also feel awful for the falsley accused of such a horrible crime.

• Yea that's seriosuly low...If I was that guy I don't know that id be able to trust her...but whatever he thinks is right I guess..I'm glad to see a girl actually not call me a sexist pig over this...it IS a problem...just look at those Duke lacrosse palyers froma while back...they went through hell because some girl lied....and it raises suspion on people that are real victims...however, for young children., ia gree they should be given the bene fit of the doubt, no 6 year old would make that up...unless

What Girls Said 5

• Not every girl lies about rape. And I agree with you. Sometimes women feel as if no one will believe them. You hear it a lot on the news. But I am a rape victim, and was brutally assaulted by an ex boyfriend. it still hurts.but not all women do

• I am horribly sorry that happened to you, I'll pray for you and I hoep you find healing.

• I understand what you're saying, but not EVERY girl does that. As I read this, my blood started to boil, cause I'm an ACTUAL rape victim. I know a lot of girls that lie about it, but add that into your damn answer you asshole. Guys and women shouldn't rape. No one deserves it, male or female. If anyone can lie about something so low, then that's exactly what they are, low.

• 9 months/90 days...compared to what a rape sentence would be...hmmm...o yea that sounds fair.

• You are a very close-minded man with no ability to spell. http://www.insiderreports.com/storypage.asp?StoryID=20011033A WOMAN who accused her defense lawyer of rape after she was convicted of falsely accusing a female solicitor of sexual misconduct was jailed for nine months.A former stripper who made up a gang-rape accusation against some Dallas Cowboys was charged by police with filing a false police report. She was given 90 days in jail and a $1500 fine.You are wrong, again.

• I don't kno if that's true...and filing a false report I don't think results in the prison time that a guy convicted of rape would get....and he girl wouldn't have to register as a sex offender when she was released....and yes Ia gree that girls that lie bout it undermine real victims..and I've looked up many cases and the girls got creampuff sentgences...some didn't even serve jail time...I don't kno ofa ny cases where they got what the guy would have gotten...its unjsut...dont kid yourself

• Show Older
  • I would agree that a girl found to have lied about a rape should do the same prison time the guy would have done, and all the other things that would have happened to him, like sexual predator list etc.

• You could also ask the question: Why do guys rape girls?It's just the sick world we live in if you're asking me. People don't think about the consequences of their actions. Most of the time they don't even know why they do the things they do. It's sad and it makes it harder for real victims, indeed. But there's unfortunately not a lot you can about it.xBlossomx

• *tried to murder

• " I said some lie and they get punished" Well how would you feel if someone tried to some1 you cared about..and they got 5 years...hey! there still being punished rite?I mean NO ONE likes to spend time in jail so why lock up anyone up for too long? If you almost send someone to jail for years... not to mention ruining their life when they get out (btw the girl wouldn't have to have all her neighbors know that she lied about rape) you deserve the same punishment not a slap on the wrist..

• Haha, again, you are an idiot. No matter the term, NO ONE wants to spend time in jail. She was still punished and people will see her as a liar. As far as me jumping on a bandwagon, you twist my words, kid. I never said you can accuse whomever you wish, I said some lie and they get punished but not every woman is lying. You... are simply a close-minded idiot that doesn't wish to hear the truth just what you want to hear.

• Show Older
  • idk about the whole girl rotting away in jail part, but I get the point there.but yes, I completely agree with you. it is life ruining for a guy to get accused of that, when he is actually innocent. its complete bullsh*t and I HATE when girls pull that. if you want to get back at your ex or someone, tell all his friends he has a small penis then. but don't go accusing that crap.

• Why doesn't see deserve the same sentence? San attmepted murderer gets essentially the same sentence a murderer does...if she almsot but an innocent guy behind bars she deserves it. and if girls didn't get off scott free from it..maybe theyd think about doing it

What Guys Said 3

• I have the deepest sympathy for those who have been legitimately raped. I have had former g/fs and my sister who have been raped. I have also been falsely accused of rape and the case was thrown out. I feel that she should have been put in prison. If I would have been sent to prison over this, she wouldn't be alive shortly after I got out.The problem with prosecuting women for falsely accusing men of rape is that it deters those who have been raped from coming forward. It seems to be socially acceptable for women to get back at a guy by falsely accusing them of rape. I think other women should say how morally wrong it is and thus not support this bad behavior.

• It happens, some girls have high sex guilt, some do it for revenge or are confused and have regrets, or someone finds out and they lie to cover up their shame...

• There are safe guards to prevent women from doing this... Though poor police work can lead to innocent people going to jail...

• Lack of evidence is use to protect the innocent, and those "failures", are actually the judiciary process working...I am glad that some b**** can't just point at me and say I raped her... There has to be proof of it.

• As can a lack of evidence and a failure of the judiciary process.