Why do girls lie about rape?

Seriously...its despicable...you scar a guys reputation, risk sending him to serve prison time, a long time, and ruin his life in countless ways. And... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Wow, so I'm late on this because you wrote it like five months ago. But I give you props man. I completely agree with you! All these other girls make it out like you are heartless, but you said it right there in your question "you are making it harder for the REAL VICTIMS to report their crimes." I had to distant myself from one of my friends because she accused her ex boyfriend of doing this. And I know she regretted it because she loved the man who is now her fiancée. I really just wanted to slap her in the face when she told me to, because 2 months earlier she was bragging about having sex with him. I agree that they are scum, they are heartless. They think of no one but themselves. This girl never went to the authorities. But she did sit there and complain about it everyday when she knew that I had been a rape victim since the age of six (That's not something a six year old girl lies about) My question is "How do they get away with it?" Rape victims have a cycle and certain ways they act, Every girl I have seen that lied about it... Is just as happy go lucky as before. It's total BS!

• Yea that's seriosuly low...If I was that guy I don't know that id be able to trust her...but whatever he thinks is right I guess..I'm glad to see a girl actually not call me a sexist pig over this...it IS a problem...just look at those Duke lacrosse palyers froma while back...they went through hell because some girl lied....and it raises suspion on people that are real victims...however, for young children., ia gree they should be given the bene fit of the doubt, no 6 year old would make that up...unless

• They were coached to by someone....but that is totally out of left field and shcildren are bad liars so it probably wouldn't hold up. I'm sorry that happened to you by the way and I hope that your healing or are healed someday...I am not out to victim-bash or enthing...i feel horrible for rape victims and I also feel awful for the falsley accused of such a horrible crime.

• Yeah, I in no one think you are a bad guy because of this. Everything you said makes perfect sense if you ask me :)