• Ask
  • myTake

I was raped by my best guy friend's step dad. What do I do?

earlier today I went over to my best friends house to see if he was there, I was already driving so I figured it would be easier to drive by than... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

  • Um...

    1. Call the police

    2. Get a rape kit at the hospital done on you

    3. Take pictures of your messed up face

    Regardless of whether he was drunk or not doesn't give him or anyone else the right to do that.

    Fuck being scared or embarrassed, be PISSED! I'd be p*ssed!

    A man just violated you! Speak up so it doesn't happen again, and again, or to someone else!

    • Agreed, don't shower. It might wash away the sperm.

What Guys Said 6

  • Call the Rape hotline and ask them eactly what to do. 800-656-HOPE (4673).

    And remember it's NOT your fault.

  • Please do not be afraid or embarrassed. The people at the hospital will treat you with the utmost gentleness and respect.

  • tell the police, don't shower because it might destroy some evidence, if your going to get a conviction you want to have all the evidence

    • Yes, what ever you do, do NOT take a shower or clean up in any way. If you do, you will wash away forever any evidence that could convict that son of a bitch. I'm so sorry for you.

  • Yea sorry to hear about that =/

  • You should have yelled or called the police with your phone. I'm sorry :(

  • please go to the hospital and report him. he needs to go to prison and get his ass torn.

What Girls Said 12

  • Well if this is all true you need to get to the hospital and call the police to meet you there. Don't be wasting time in front of a computer or your cell phone.

  • You should call the police and leave the decision up to them - they'll take you to the hospital, get you treated and get a rape test done on you. And sorry you shouldn't have gone through that

  • Call the police and go to the hospital.

  • deff call the police..and go to the hospital... I'm so sorry that this happened to you...and don't be embarassed it waseent your fault the truth is going to have to come out some how.. and its better if you tell someone .. so their will be no more victims.

  • Definitely go to the hospital but you should also tell your friend too. I'm terribly sorry to hear about that.

  • Go to the hospital immidietly and report the rape

  • You definitely should go to the hospital. Not showering was a smart move. It will help them identify your rapist and put him in jail! I'm so sorry for what happened. No one should have to go through something like this. Just be strong, and know that you are not alone. God bless.

  • I am so sorry this happened to you. You have no reason to be ashamed. This was NOT your fault. Please get off the computer, notify the police, and go to the hospital to get the proper medical attention. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.

  • Sweetie, I am so sorry you have gone through such a terrible situation. I will sugest you to run to the hospital and report this to the police. This man hurt you and he needs to be responsible of his actions. Don't be embarrassed, you need a group support or good people around you. About your friend I will let him know this happen to you. God bless you and heal

  • im so sorry that happened you sweetie. no one ever deserves to have that happen to them. I know you are probably extremly embarrassed but you have to tell someone, even if its just the doctors in the emergency room. stay strong! and I really hope your best guys friends step dad goes to jail.

  • ive been violated before, I took a shower but went to the hospital afterward. they were really nice and you don't have to worry about a medical bill or anyone finding out unless you want them to. I got the rape kit done which is the best thing you can do now as it helps prevent any possible STD's or pregnancy. I never told anyone but the nurses. I don't know about going to the police though, you can always make a statement and keep it on file, so that if you do want to tell the police up to a year from now you can.

Have an opinion?