Are girl's nipple supposed to wrinkle?

Whenever my nipples are touched they wrinkle, is this normal?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 1

• Selected as most helpful

The nipple and areola can shrivel up and look like a wrinkly mound when cold. Bumps on the areola, around the nipple, are completely normal. They are called Montgomery glands. Almost every woman has bumps on the areola as well as wrinkles occasionally. It's nothing to be worried about.

Also to respond to what the anon user said about how nipples 'go in'. There are two types of nipples; normal and introvert nipples. Normal is most common hence the name but introverts are extremely common as well.

The areola skin has some of the most nerve endings in the human body making them that skin very sensitive to touch, temperature, and wet/dryness.

• yeah so do mine.. I think it is normal... as long as it doesn't stay like that like mine wrinkle but then they get soft again.

• Mine too,the areola wrinkles,and for me when I'm cold the steps wrinkles up...I think nothing of it,but my areolas are big so they are noticeable

• I guess haha,I want an areola reduction though

• Those big areolas must be just awesome to see!

• Yeah, I think it's fine. I know when my Girlfriend is aroused, her nipples stick out a little but if I touch them or lick them at all they go soft and even go 'in' a little.