• Ask
  • myTake

Is it "okay" for girls to masturbate?

guys talk about it all the time but then you hear girls saying o that's gross when a girl does it so what's the deal?

Most Helpful Opinion

• From what I've heard from girls in person, and girls online, it's like every girl masturbates from the time they reach puberty. Some not that often, but the majority real often. None seemed to be ashamed of it. On the contrary, most said they enjoyed it. I never heard one girl say it was gross. Maybe that's what girls says to other girls. I never heard a guy complain. On the contrary, they think it's hot! In that movie, "Not Another Teen Movie" it started with a younger girl masturbating with her vibrator. lol! I'd say it's pretty normal.

What Guys Said 11

• Q: How did you become such a great lover?A: I practice a lot when I am alone.Masturbation is healthy and something you should be doing on a regular basis. I have serious questions about people who don't masturbate and I avoid having sex with them (after all if they they won't f*** themselves, why should I?).

• It is absolutely okay for a girls and guys to masturbate. The fact is you have chemicals flowing in your blood that are driving you sexually. It is a natural process of becoming an adult. To deny these feelings, I believe, creates a buildup of energy that will manifest itself in one way or another. By masturbating (I prefer the term self-pleasuring) you can release that energy in a healthy way.If someone claims it is gross then it is probably because they don't know what they are talking about or haven't matured to a level yet that it is a driver for them.

• yea its ok for girls to masturbate. I think that it shows you find yourself attractive. it was said perfectly in that movie the ugly truth. "If you don't want to have sex with yourself, why would anyone else?" great movie btw.

• I do it almost every day and I think that it is a way for me to relax and decompress. Yes having sex is good but pleasuring yourself is simply awesome, and very self rewarding.

• its perfectly normal and fine.

• well lets see. its perfectly normal. it feels great. and we guys love it when girls masturbate. so you decide!

• hey I think its hot for girls to do it and I have heard it is heathy hahaits not a bad thing if you do it and feel weird about it just don't brag about it but it always makes good conversation to talk to your boyfriend about it

• Yes it's ok for girls to masturbate. Guys are a little more open about that type of thing we all have needs & urges that need to be filled and masturbating is one of them.Why don't you search masturbation or masturbate her and read the answers.

• I guess it's just more taboo for women.but trust me, the bulk of porn men watch has women masturbating or kissing other women, so despite what society or old folk might say, we reaaallly don't mind.

• I just think a lot of girls don't talk about it or want to hear about it sometimes. I bet there are a lot more girls who do it than will let on about it. For a lot of people, they may think that if they masturbate, that other people are going to think they aren't having any sex (with someone else), which would make them cool and unpopular in some people's eyes. I just think it's a popularity thing sometimes, especially with girls who are still in school. They wouldn't want anyone to know that they do anything like that for whatever reasons - popularity, etc.However, I think that as they get older and more in touch with their own sexuality and stop caring about what other people think, they may begin to open up and admit it or try it if they haven't. It's a sign of maturity level for a lot of people, in my opinion.

What Girls Said 11

• Of coars it is ok for you to masterbate. It is very normal. In fact one that does not is probably the abnormal one!

• Some girls just don't like sharing things like that out in the open. But they do it too. We all do. lol

• Masturbation is a great way to get to know your body! It helps you to discover your likes and dislikes. There is nothing gross about it and don't allow anyone to tell you anything to the contrary. I think some girls say that it's gross as they don't think it is expected of them. In society we often view men as the more sexually-driven sex but that isn't the case at all.

• Well, here is the deal. It's really a natural thing to do. Most girls at your age probably don't know how to pleasure themselves and therefore can not appreciate it's simplicity and awesomeness.Martha Stewart may agree with me when I say, masterbation is A GOOD THING.

• well let's see, of course all the guys will love it, even when you talk about that'll really turn them on. trust me.AND for the girls most girls who say things like that's so gross I would never do it. well sorry to break their ice but they're the ones who probably do it the MOST.hehe,i do it almost everyday. [;your not alone.

• It's more than okay. Hell, I do it all the time. :)

• of course its okayi think its just kind of embarrassing to admit to thati know guys do all the time but I guess its sort of expected for guys to always do thati find the funny because girls post provocative pics all the time of themselves on the internet and guys dont, yet guys are more open about masturbation than girls are.

• Its definitely more than okay. I do it all the time. =] The girls that say they don't do it or its gross, do it too.

• its is perfectly normal for girls to masturbate. heck I do it just about every time I lay down in my bed.

• Yeah I think it's perfectly fine. It's just experimentation. Guys are just more open about it. I read somewhere that you would be surprised how many of your close girlfriends masturbate but will never discuss it with anyone. Guys just don't care. Although girls probably masturbate just as much as guys.

• I think its normal.