Why do black men like big butts and white guys don't??

OK so I have a big butt...i would post a pic but I don't want people giving me a hard time. Why is it that white guys always point that out in a negative way? I went out on a date with this whit guy and things didn't work out and we just became friends and later on he told me on the first date he saw my ass and said hell no!I asked him why and he said white guys don't do big butts. I am 5'8 and 130 pounds...but my butt is huge...my booty isn't fat its solid. lol It seems I can only date black guys (I ain't complaining ;))...why do white guys have a problem with big butts?

Help me figure this out...

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is the simple answer: its just a stereotype that partially reinforces a slight gender bias in fat distrobution. The fact of the matter is that genetics decides the size of your ass and breasts. Both things that guys find arousing. You can't stop your genetics, you get what you get.

But dietary fat is allotted to the breasts and ass as well. Now what you'll find is that while any fat is split (somewhat) evenly between the two. saturated fats tend to accumulate in the ass (and stomach) more than the breasts. Polyunsaturated fats tend to accumulate preferentially in the breasts. If you eat a lot of any or both of them you'll see it depositing in both places. its just a preferential deposit, not an all or nothing.

anyway what is the point of this? If you take the most visible section of each population. So urban african americans and suburban whites, you see a distinct dietary difference. Saturated fats come from pork fat, butter, deep fried foods, etc. Polyunsaturated fats come from vegetables. It seems much more likely, using stereotypically referenced groups, for the white female to be eating lots of salad and vegetable heavy diets while the african american female tends to indulge in more of the saturated fat meals.

a person who eats a lot of fat of either group will be large everywhere.

Add in the fact that most white girls are depserate to be thin and will further cut out "fats" from their diet, missing that vegetables are a huge source of fats (albeit polyunsaturated) and you tend to get skinnier girls with less fat in the ass region and more fat in the breast region since they eat polyunsaturated fats much more now (this is compared to whatever their genetics gave them. this can't trump genes, only augment).

Black communities tend to value a little more curvy women in general, which leads to less of a push to be very thin and instead to just remain inside a healthy range. without a drive to be rail thin, the diet doesn't change dramatically... though maybe calories are watched, and the type of fats they eat cause ass accumulations.

all in all though... men report a 51-49 split with breasts usually winning out on what they prefer, but it doesn't follow race lines as much as you'd think. It is simply more visible when a black man like big ass since black men date black women more frequently, I assume, and bigger ass is more common due to the socioeconomic standards of the most visible group. While white guys love ass (I like my lady's perky butt!) but generally speaking we are stereotyped dating white suburban women whose diet causes a smaller ass but larger breasts. Its all a perception and stereotyping. Stereotypes aren't a bad thing, and they are often the most common (or else that wouldn't be the stereotype). But they are rarely the rule or even close to the rule since they simply observe trends, not reasoning.

• Report

That fat distribution diet, socioeconomic diet stuff is complete bullsh*t. It doesn't make sense at all.

• Report
      24d

Don't listen to ravvo99. Different fats do not go to different parts of the body! That is nonsense. Seriously, there is no medical evidence to support that - quite the contrary.

As for what people like in a figure, it varies person by person. It's not a racial divide. More importantly, if someone really likes you, a few extra pounds here or there won't matter either way. Who you are will be what brings you together, and keeps you together. As for the guy who said 'white guys don't like big butts' - who made him the spokesperson for all white guys? He sounds like an idiot.

• Report
      12d

@nonameokay Actually, you couldn't be any further away from the truth. Ravvo is correct on quite a lot of points. And yes, fats do contribute to certain parts of the body in different ways. There is Density difference for all parts of your body, which is why obviously parts of your body are impacted more than others. There is also the simple fact that our bodies store fat differently.
      nanameokay, Obesity is by no stretch of the imagination a uniform occurrence as it can manifest in very different ways. You may have noticed at the gym or at the beach that people who are overweight don’t all look the same nor do they all carry their excess fat stores in the same places. Women typically store fat very differently from their male counterparts. Not all cells are created equal. Dr. Cameron Church Lic. Internal Medicine Specialist 8 years.