Do any girls ever wish they had a penis?

I have heard of penis envy before. Is it true? Are girls secretly jealous of guys or wish they could be the dominant one during sex or could pee... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• haha "penis envy" is not what you think it is. Its not literally being envious of having a penis. Its a psychological term for the cause of a few psychological tendancies seen in women (more frequently in the past than nowadays) because young girls realize that their place in society is limited and other peoples place in society is completely limitless. Its assumed that a child doesn't fully understand gender, but does understand the possession of a penis or not (since these develop around the same time that young children explore sex organs as 'playing doctor').

I can't tell you if and how much women are literally envious of penises. But the phrase penis envy refers more accurately to senses of inadequacy, powerlessness and male subservience (and a couple other trends) that developed in women due to societal inequalities based soley on having a penis or not. (aka gender)

• Ya your totally wrong its a subconscious thing. you don't just think in your head damn I wish I had a penis?! lol

• I think we're agreeing. I think. I'm saying that its not envying of penises, its a archaiac term created by freud to describe certain psychological tendancies found in women of his time. It has very little to do with penises.

now I can't say anything on how much or often girls do literally think about what being a guy would be like.