Do any girls ever wish they had a penis?

I have heard of penis envy before. Is it true? Are girls secretly jealous of guys or wish they could be the dominant one during sex or could pee standing up?

Most Helpful Guy

• haha "penis envy" is not what you think it is. Its not literally being envious of having a penis. Its a psychological term for the cause of a few psychological tendancies seen in women (more frequently in the past than nowadays) because young girls realize that their place in society is limited and other peoples place in society is completely limitless. Its assumed that a child doesn't fully understand gender, but does understand the possession of a penis or not (since these develop around the same time that young children explore sex organs as 'playing doctor').

I can't tell you if and how much women are literally envious of penises. But the phrase penis envy refers more accurately to senses of inadequacy, powerlessness and male subservience (and a couple other trends) that developed in women due to societal inequalities based soley on having a penis or not. (aka gender)

• Ya your totally wrong its a subconscious thing. you don't just think in your head damn I wish I had a penis?! lol

• I think we're agreeing. I think. I'm saying that its not envying of penises, its a archaiac term created by freud to describe certain psychological tendancies found in women of his time. It has very little to do with penises.

now I can't say anything on how much or often girls do literally think about what being a guy would be like.

What Girls Said 11

• Kinda. Well, yes :P It would be SOOO much easier to get off with a penis XD

My boyfriend seems to have case of vagina envy, too XD I think it's kinda like the old saying: the grass is always greener on the other side. I think it's just human nature to covet most what we cannot have. Well obviously not every one does, but it does seem to be quite common.

As for peeing standing up, that would be handy. Plus you could pee in so many more places without being seen (like behind a bush in a park when there are no public toilets XD)

As for being dominant during sex, there ARE positions for that :P like cowgirl, for example. And then there are of course those dominatrixes XD

• I sometimes think it would be cool to be a guy for a day just to see what it was like having a penis. And I do wish I could pee standing up, too. Lol

• Same! And do that thing where they tuck it between their legs....a Manjina? Is that what it's called? 8-) lol

• Peeing standing up would be nice.

I'd definitely like to try having a penis, just to see what it' be like.

• The only reason I would want one is so it'd be easier to get off during masturbation.

xD

It's easy for anyone to dominate. Just look at the different sex positions, silly~!

With Love and Cookie Crumbs,

STM~

• YES I definately agree lol, it would be so much easier to get off X)

And like you said it's easy to dominate with many of the positions XD

• Sometimes I wish I could be a guy just for a day. The Whole peeing standing up would be nice when I'm camping but otherwise I like being a girl and I like my vagina.

More from Girls
6

What Guys Said 2

• Glad I don't have a vagina. I couldn't imagine it. Having to always feel like it needs to be shaven, and it bleeds, yeast infections, and babies come out of it, oh and guys just get to pound you out without caring about you. Sounds like a blast to me. NOT.

• Hey, at least no girl is ever likely to get kicked in the ovaries.

• Ya true, I mean I would enjoy having great sex with someone and then telling everyone that he was bad just to ruin his reputation. Or date a guy for a long time, promise him the world meanwhile the whole time I'm waiting for the next best thing. Oh and the mind games. Having a guy think I mean something, when I mean something completely different. Oh and the convenience. I don't even have to finish college because depending on how hot and easy I am, I can have someone support me forever! Oh yay!

• o.o; You're, uh.. You're real specific.. As any of this happened to you? If so.. Lol.. THEN, I'm sorry it happened. D: