Is my brother supposed to have an erection while sleeping, especially if he's in the Air Force?

So my big brother is an Airman in the Air Force and is on leave for 3 weeks and came back home from his base in Italy to visit me and my parents. We haven't seen him in over a year. He's 21 and I'm 16. So he went to bed early cause he was real jet lagged from his flight. Anyway, he fell asleep in bed in his boxers and shirtless (he's always slept in just his boxers) while watching TV. When I went to bed a few hours later, it was still on, so I'm assuming he fell asleep without turning his TV off, and since his bedroom shares a wall with mine, I could hear it. So I went in his room quickly to turn the TV off since it was pretty loud, and I noticed my bro had a really big boner. His comforter looked like a tent because of it. Is this normal, or does the fact he's in the Air Force make a difference? Why would a guy have an erection when he's knocked out fast asleep? I don't get it, I thought guys only got erections when they have sex. Oh and should I tell my brother I saw him with a... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• It is normal. It happens to every guy.. read up on it. and don't mention it 1. it would be awkward cos you're his sister and 2. he might get embarassed. but overal, just enjoy your time with him, but it is completely normal, guys get them in their sleep all the time, it is proven.