• Ask
  • myTake

Is my brother supposed to have an erection while sleeping, especially if he's in the Air Force?

So my big brother is an Airman in the Air Force and is on leave for 3 weeks and came back home from his base in Italy to visit me and my parents. We haven't seen him in over a year. He's 21 and I'm 16. So he went to bed early cause he was real jet lagged from his flight. Anyway, he fell asleep in bed in his boxers and shirtless (he's always slept in just his boxers) while watching TV. When I went to bed a few hours later, it was still on, so I'm assuming he fell asleep without turning his TV off, and since his bedroom shares a wall with mine, I could hear it. So I went in his room quickly to turn the TV off since it was pretty loud, and I noticed my bro had a really big boner. His comforter looked like a tent because of it.Is this normal, or does the fact he's in the Air Force make a difference? Why would a guy have an erection when he's knocked out fast asleep? I don't get it, I thought guys only got erections when they have sex. Oh and should I tell my brother I saw him with a b*ner, or will he probably get embarrassed about it, or should I instead just focus more on spending time with him for the next 3 weeks since he's gotta go back to Italy? I don't know when I'll next get to see my big brother again after this visit.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• It is normal. It happens to every guy.. read up on it. and don't mention it 1. it would be awkward cos you're his sister and 2. he might get embarassed. but overal, just enjoy your time with him, but it is completely normal, guys get them in their sleep all the time, it is proven.

What Guys Said 3

• I can't imagine what being in the Air Force has to do with it. As for having an erection in bed, that would not be unnormal. Guys get erections for all different reasons -- sexual situations, sexual dreams, have to pee, etc.Be happy he is home.

• LOL, IS IT BECAUSE HE'S IN THE AIR FORCEEE, HAHAHAHAHAAAA.Yeah, its normal for lads to get stiffies in the night. Some lads jack off in their sleep, too. Its nothing to do with flying fight planes, LOL.

• Haha I know right :P I love this question............. :D

• haha you looked at your brothers erection

What Girls Said 3

• ohhh bless lol this is very normal he's maybe having a dream about some girl of sexy dream men can have erections at anyyyy time if some thing trigers it the see or fell somthing they like this very norman and the fact that he's awayy in the airforce is hard for him he will not come in contact with any woman so he will be extra sexy when he gets back

• The air force has women its not just all guys, he will be in contact with lots of women

• This is totaly normal

• Guys always get boners off and on in their sleep, something to do with blood circulation. Don't make a big deal out of it.

• Is this a serious Q? It made me laugh so hard.