Why is it that black/Latino guys are more into curvy, chubby, and fat girls?

I have a mixed up background but I just look tan. Just so that's out of the way.

Anyway I think we have all noticed this. White guys seem to favor much thinner girls with more pencil-y shapes than black guys and Latino guys of different races. My question is why do you think that is?

I'm not saying there are no good looking, non-overweight white guys who like heavy or curvy chicks, but I notice that the amount of white guys who don't simply tolerate that in a girl they like but prefer it doesn't compare at all to Latino or black guys. I guess we can say Asians guys here with white guys as well. I am naturally curvy already but I have extra weight landing me somewhere on the higher side of chubby almost fat. lol Most white guys don't like that I don't think but I have been hit on by some good looking ones. I think with them though its my personality, whereas a black guy may look at me and actually want to f*** me. It's a different feeling basically.

Of course I'm not saying all of them are like this, but I have noticed cultural differences in this way. a lot of white guys even seem to be put off by just curvier girls who aren't even fat. It's very interesting, at least I think so anyway.

It has affected me a little bit. Not too much but I see some of my friends struggling with this who are in the same boat as me or much worse off. I think I'm fine though, beautiful actually, and I have way more confidence than half of my lovely stick thin friends. I also feel more comfortable with my body than they do. It's not just that I find the idea of being tiny with no hips, small boobs, or no butt unattractive (I don't think id look that way anyway if I did lose weight). In my mind I think I associate losing weight with misery. I see all these thin girls who are absolutely insecure and eating lettuce all day and counting calories, who barely weigh anything with wet clothes on but will still turn sideways in the mirror asking "do I look fat?" I just laugh usually and I'm just like are you kidding? that's how I'm supposed to look and behave? ill pass...

Having said that I am in a long term relationship. My current boyfriend is white and he's very attractive to a lot of girls I know, a little older than I am, and intelligent - he's a medical intern. My mom is always like "don't screw this one up." lol

OK I'm done ranting. tell me your thoughts :)

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm black and honestly its just a beauty standard that most black/hispanic people have. like white guys will look at thin girls and drool, and a lotta white girls always wanna lose weight and get down to a really small size...but a lotta black guys drool over curvy girls and most girls I know always want bigger booties and a hourglass or pear shape.

it is probably because many white people have smaller frames and more black and hispanic people have larger frames. like for example I am curvy. I have a large butt, breasts and an athletic figure. for me to get down to really skinny, I would have to be on drugs or really sick because that's not in my body type. but I know some white girls that are just naturally thin and for them to get to my weight they would either have to have plastic surgery or get really fat...

and even then fat distributes differently and white women tend to gain weight in different areas. OK for example, I am weird and nosy lmao and I like to look at my county jail's arrest records. the other day a girl I know got arrested. she is white and it listed her height and weight as 5'7 115 lbs. I've seen her in person and she is thin, works out and is in shape but not super skinny like anorexic, her body type is attractive to a lot of white guys...but I know if the average black girl was 5'7 and she weighed 115, she would probably have to be a crackhead because we are built different. a thin black girl at the same height would probably be around the 130ish range and her body fat would be distributed differently than the white girl's.

so I think its partly genetics and partly social conditioning. I think there are quite a few white guys in the south that like thick females too

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 16

• I honestly believe, that if you're open-minded, this is completely a matter of personal preference.

I can say this, because I occasionally have "wowed" a thick lady, who happens to be black or latino with a comment like "I really like that wagon you're dragging" when she passed me by. I even got one to turn and "really" look at me, once, because she was stunned that I said it to her. I just smile...

I don't like skinny-blonde types; in fact, they tend to annoy me with their "attitudes"... I've always preferred babes with big curves. And, it's not a racial thing, either. There are plenty of white babes with a little meat in the seat, too. Hell, I think all you ladies with big curves are sexy!

• I'm white and I prefer thick girls. Curves are what I crave. I have noticed what you're talking about but I'm not sure if it is totally a race thing. I have black friends that prefer little skinny girls and white friends that prefer thick girls. I think it is just personal preference. What you're talking about is kinda true but is equivalent to saying something like all black people like chicken or that all mexicans like beans. It's not right...but sort of true. Not sure why though. Like all generalizations though, it doesn't always hold up.

• i like your comment(:

• thank ya ryanryan90

• fair enough. I still say the vast majority of black and latinos I have ever met like curvy or thick girls at like freakin exponentially higher rates than white guys I've known though lol so its hard for me to think of it the same way as your examples.

• alrite...i don't think this is a question about why we prefer them...its not that at all...we just see girls for who they are...in my opinion thin girls aren't attractive for 2 reasons, the first being that they think their the sh*t becasue they're thin :-s and secondly I want a real woman...not a twig.

the less thin the girl is the better the personality I've noticed lol...im not attracted to massive girls or anything...i prefer a fat ass, thich thighs, thin waists and flat stomachs...but realistically I'm not shallow enough to judge a girl on her pyhsical features...personality is the key.

And I haven't a single friend that likes a girl because she's bigger...and I know a lot of black guys lol...its all a personality thing.

Bigger girls tend to have better personalities, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Well DoctorSex just want to let you know that it's rubbish to think that thin women thinks they're all that. They don't. Especially thin black women have their insecurities because they know that black men love thicker women. And the personality thing is also rubbish. I know a lot of curvy girl who knows they can get every man and act very bitchy about that.

Black men act like thin girls are damn ugly why!?

• thank you for discrediting my opinions...means a lot to me...

• Because only a real man can handle the thickness. Race does not matter.

• dudes that like thin chicks have short d***s

• Love, Love, Love that comment about the short d.... I believe that. My curvier girlfriends say they don't lose inches with a man because of their body type because they are with men who have been blessed. That might be a whole new question or topic.

More from Guys
11

What Girls Said 11

• Guess they just like some meat on the bones and a cushion

• I'm a white girl, 125lb, 5'4'' - I feel perfectly happy at my weight, though my boyfriend (tall skinny white guy) would prefer that I were 10 pounds heavier or so. Another white guy I am close to likes skinny girls and is unhappy with his woman who is 120 and 5'0'' ... and to me she looks fine.

I think black and hispanic, particularly black guys, like bigger girls more because they like huge boobs and huge butts. More fat = more fat deposited on the boobs and the butt. So then the real question should be why do black guys/hispanic guys care more about boob and butt size than waist/tummy size? Who knows.

I do think it is kind of unfair that men insist on having skinny girls who also have amazing boobs, considering it's kind of a contradiction.

• True. although, in my culture there are a lot of girls woh have naturally slimmer stomachs with big butts, hips, and breasts. more white women tend to carry extra weight on their mid section and more black women have weight distributed in the lower body or breasts usually. of course if you go crazy on unhealthy diet you're gonna get heavy in the mid section too but for many of us that is the last resort as far as where fat goes. check black mens magazines/vids. small stomach - HUGE butts/t*ts lol

• Not all guys like big boobs; anything more than a handful is a waste...

• I think it's a big culture thing for sure. I lived in Central America and the way they explained it to me was that basically all girls are beautiful and sexy, no matter what shape they are. Also, latin body types are more curvy so that could be part of the reason too. I'm a curvy girl and I got hit on a lot more when I live there than when I live in Canada. And when I'm in Canada I find the general ethnicity of guys who hit on me are black.

Being fat in our society is related to being uhealthy, which it usually can be. and also through our media and culture, our minds have all been kind of molded to believe that skinny is beautiful and fat isn't. It's just the way it is. Being healthy is important but some girls are naturally just curvy and even though a lot of white guys ARE into really skinny girls, they are some who like curvier girls as well, especially as they mature.

your confidence and spirit is totally amazing and inspiring. its so great to see girls out there are who are curvy and beautiful and know it. you're amazing!

• its born into them more curves homely cuddley they just do same in some islands the bigger the more better I think some need to answer your ?

• better sex :]

More from Girls
6