Why is it that black/Latino guys are more into curvy, chubby, and fat girls?

I have a mixed up background but I just look tan. Just so that's out of the way.

Anyway I think we have all noticed this. White guys seem to favor much thinner girls with more pencil-y shapes than black guys and Latino guys of different races. My question is why do you think that is?

I'm not saying there are no good looking, non-overweight white guys who like heavy or curvy chicks, but I notice that the amount of white guys who don't simply tolerate that in a girl they like but prefer it doesn't compare at all to Latino or black guys. I guess we can say Asians guys here with white guys as well. I am naturally curvy already but I have extra weight landing me somewhere on the higher side of chubby almost fat. lol Most white guys don't like that I don't think but I have been hit on by some good looking ones. I think with them though its my personality, whereas a black guy may look at me and actually want to f*** me. It's a different feeling basically.

Of course I'm not saying all of them are like this, but I have noticed cultural differences in this way. a lot of white guys even seem to be put off by just curvier girls who aren't even fat. It's very interesting, at least I think so anyway.

It has affected me a little bit. Not too much but I see some of my friends struggling with this who are in the same boat as me or much worse off. I think I'm fine though, beautiful actually, and I have way more confidence than half of my lovely stick thin friends. I also feel more comfortable with my body than they do. It's not just that I find the idea of being tiny with no hips, small boobs, or no butt unattractive (I don't think id look that way anyway if I did lose weight). In my mind I think I associate losing weight with misery. I see all these thin girls who are absolutely insecure and eating lettuce all day and counting calories, who barely weigh anything with wet clothes on but will still turn sideways in the mirror asking "do I look fat?" I just laugh usually and I'm just like are you kidding? that's how I'm supposed to look and behave? ill pass...

Having said that I am in a long term relationship. My current boyfriend is white and he's very attractive to a lot of girls I know, a little older than I am, and intelligent - he's a medical intern. My mom is always like "don't screw this one up." lol

OK I'm done ranting. tell me your thoughts :)

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm black and honestly its just a beauty standard that most black/hispanic people have. like white guys will look at thin girls and drool, and a lotta white girls always wanna lose weight and get down to a really small size...but a lotta black guys drool over curvy girls and most girls I know always want bigger booties and a hourglass or pear shape.

it is probably because many white people have smaller frames and more black and hispanic people have larger frames. like for example I am curvy. I have a large butt, breasts and an athletic figure. for me to get down to really skinny, I would have to be on drugs or really sick because that's not in my body type. but I know some white girls that are just naturally thin and for them to get to my weight they would either have to have plastic surgery or get really fat...

and even then fat distributes differently and white women tend to gain weight in different areas. OK for example, I am weird and nosy lmao and I like to look at my county jail's arrest records. the other day a girl I know got arrested. she is white and it listed her height and weight as 5'7 115 lbs. I've seen her in person and she is thin, works out and is in shape but not super skinny like anorexic, her body type is attractive to a lot of white guys...but I know if the average black girl was 5'7 and she weighed 115, she would probably have to be a crackhead because we are built different. a thin black girl at the same height would probably be around the 130ish range and her body fat would be distributed differently than the white girl's.

so I think its partly genetics and partly social conditioning. I think there are quite a few white guys in the south that like thick females too

• Idk if I agree on the weight thing but fat distribution is true for many but not all black girls.

• Good answer