Are sex toys as good or better than the real thing?

Just wondering...for any guys/girls that have used dildos or artificial vaginas/fleshlights...are they any better or worse than the real thing?

I mean I suspect its different for guys and girls to answer this because...the penis is just a blunt solid object...easy to replicate in a dildo...Vaginas on the other hand...are the receiving end and much more complex...probably harder to replicate.

I ask because of a friend who is a girl actually said she got a dildo and actually doesn't care if she has a boyfriend anymore...i was like really? hmm. are guys going to be replaced by sex toys?

Most Helpful Girl

• The real thing is better.

I've never used a sex toy that felt exactly like a penis. But even if there is one, a toy is not going to replace the chemistry and intimacy of sex with a real person. A sex toy can't kiss me, put its hands all over my body, talk dirty to me, pull my hair, nibble on my earlobes, run its fingers down my spine, suck on my breasts... you get the picture.

But if they do develop a toy that can do all that...

Kidding. :)

• Report

Also, it has to be able to roleplay! >:/

• Report

It's always a relief for us men to hear we still can't be replaced with a toy. I wouldn't doubt it if some engineer is being paid to design a talking rabbit toy with hands as we speak though. LOL

• Report

Heh, I think the market for sex toys realistic enough to replace a person is bigger for men than for women. I don't think too many women would be willing to fork over $6000 for a Real Doll with a Hitachi Wand attachment. :D

...is anyone else a little freaked out about the number of sex toys shaped like animals, by the way?