• Ask
  • myTake

Why can't he get hard when we are in bed?

Two days ago was the first time a I got this guy that I have been wanting for months into bed. He came over we talked, watched some movies on the pc.... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• There is no one single cause for erectile dysfunction which makes it very hard to guess what the problem might be.Certainly how tired he is will play a role in it. Also, how healthy and physically active he is will either help or hurt the situation (healthier/move active = better). He may also have been nervous if this was the first time you had seen him naked and/or first time you two were going to have sex. I know that sounds weird, but guys can get nervous too. He might just need some time to warm up to you.Are you using protection (birth control, condoms, etc)? He could be worried about stds, pregnancy, etc if you aren't using anything.

What Guys Said 2

• it's probably nerves. that's super common for guys their first few times with a new partner . . . probably won't be a big problem if you don't make a big deal of it. things SHOULD start working soon . . . just to bad that he was making excuses and blaming you. I'm sure he was just embarrassed and didn't know what to say. Still: not yer fault.

What Girls Said 2

• He's not a virgin is he?

• No not at allhe has more experience then I do and I just lost my virginity to my ex about a month and a half ago

• Ok just checking but I think it may just be the nerves. I mean it sounds like there's a lot of foreplay. Maybe you can ask him wats up...

• Might just be nerves. Some guys have trouble maintaining an erection when they are nervous with a new partner. My boyfriend was like that the first few times, until he got comfortable with me. If the guy got hard in your mouth, then he can during sex as well. Give it some time before giving up.